• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Really Doesn't Have to Re-sign any free agents

Khyber53

11 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Let them all go.

Trade back as much as humanly possible, go with quantity over (available) quality.

Sift through the mud for diamonds, and if none of the picks workout, low risk investment and more cap space opened.

Just an idea. 

We have to sign a lot of cheap free agents or sign a million un-drafted free agents. We don’t have many players under contract right now to field a team

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

We have to sign a lot of cheap free agents or sign a million un-drafted free agents. We don’t have many players under contract right now to field a team

It doesn’t seem like the few FA that would be worth bringing back even want to come back. 

Just now, Pazhoosier89 said:

We should be looking to max out on comp picks. Bradberry should net a 3rd round value. 

Seems like that's what we've always tried to do. How's that working out for us?

I think we should just try to focus on trying to field the best possible team we can and not purposely shoot ourselves in the dick to try to pick up an extra mid-round pick or two.

yep as I’ve said Bradberry is only one that matters but when you see him get 16 mil a year it really makes it moot

all the chicken little crybabies scared of ‘tanking and rebuilding’, tearing apart our team means our current team will go 5-11 to 4-12...oh the humanity 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like that's what we've always tried to do. How's that working out for us?

I think we should just try to focus on trying to field the best possible team we can and not purposely shoot ourselves in the dick to try to pick up an extra mid-round pick or two.

I think the biggest issues with the Panthers are 1. Depth 2. Competition/talent evaluation 

1. we should not be completely butt fuged to hell because we lose 1 CB we drafted because he wants to cripple a teams cap, especially when he is still on his rookie contract lol asinine 

2. we do not need to give a player 4-5 years at a position to move on. Like really...start having TRUE competition with no bias

these two issues will keep a team competitive and BOTH stem from the GM job. Round one draft or even the entire draft in general is less than half of Hurney’s job. The other 75% he really needs to get better at or get help.

11 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think the biggest issues with the Panthers are 1. Depth 2. Competition/talent evaluation 

1. we should not be completely butt fuged to hell because we lose 1 CB we drafted because he wants to cripple a teams cap, especially when he is still on his rookie contract lol asinine 

2. we do not need to give a player 4-5 years at a position to move on. Like really...start having TRUE competition with no bias

these two issues will keep a team competitive and BOTH stem from the GM job. Round one draft or even the entire draft in general is less than half of Hurney’s job. The other 75% he really needs to get better at or get help.

There's a mountain of evidence that Marty Hurney is poor NFL GM. His overall losing record being the primary one.

I’d only be interested in Boston and Williams back. Boston deserves a solid 3 year deal. Williams lost a chance to show he was worth a big deal so I feel he should come back on team friendly and work his way back into the status he was previously regarded in.

Just now, dcpanther89 said:

I’d only be interested in Boston and Williams back. Boston deserves a solid 3 year deal. Williams lost a chance to show he was worth a big deal so I feel he should come back on team friendly and work his way back into the status he was previously regarded in.

Williams should be hoping that someone is willing to sign him at veteran minimum after his play last season.

Archived