• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

"The president today posted another instagram story of him squatting while talking to the prime minister of england. They hashed out a new trade deal while he finished his the final set of his 5x5 at 80%.

Critics have said the President shouldn't wear only his singlets under a Pikachu tshirt. Defenders of the president have said 'he looks fantastic. who gives a poo.'

We're joined now by right wing talk show host Ben Shapiro and should say, in the interest of journalistic integrity, he absolutely does not lift."

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Because you can't lock up the sick, the elderly, people with health issues, etc. just because you want to "play normally". That's not the way the world works. You want to go back to work? You want to play? WEAR A MASK. If everyone wore a mask from the start we wouldn't be where we are. But the youth, and the anti-mask people have kept the pandemic afloat.

Simple question: If someone said, yes, you can go back to work. Yes, you can go to the club, and the bar. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is wear a mask. Would you wear a mask? So odd that some people still wouldn't.

As was said earlier in the thread, the "at risk" category starts in the 40s and increases in the 50s and 60s.  Society absolutely can not function "normally" with those people on lock down.  The second we put that policy in place, nearly every major construction project in the country would stop instantly because the higher risk age groups are where most of your foreman and superintendents are.

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Because you can't lock up the sick, the elderly, people with health issues, etc. just because you want to "play normally". That's not the way the world works. You want to go back to work? You want to play? WEAR A MASK. If everyone wore a mask from the start we wouldn't be where we are. But the youth, and the anti-mask people have kept the pandemic afloat.

Simple question: If someone said, yes, you can go back to work. Yes, you can go to the club, and the bar. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is wear a mask. Would you wear a mask? So odd that some people still wouldn't.

I used the word "play" to refer to activities outside of work, and I actually said "especially with wearing a mask".

I actually agree with you on the importance of wearing mask so relax.

My point was I think we could do a better job of really protecting the high risk.  Maybe everyone wear a mask and then subsidize the high risk to stay at home.

During the lockdown the government paid low risk people to stay at home, meanwhile you had high risk people still working in "essential" businesses.

22 year old healthy bartender gets unemployment to stay at home but 65 year old person with diabetes is still working at the grocery store?

Are we trying to stop the spread or trying to stop the deaths?

43 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I used the word "play" to refer to activities outside of work, and I actually said "especially with wearing a mask".

My point was I think we could do a better job of really protecting the high risk.  Maybe everyone wear a mask and then subsidize the high risk to stay at home.

During the lockdown the government paid low risk people to stay at home, meanwhile you had high risk people still working in "essential" businesses.

22 year old healthy bartender gets unemployment to stay at home but 65 year old person with diabetes is still working at the grocery store?

Don't come in here with common sense, who do you think you are?

11 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I only care about stopping the deaths, that is the only controllable thing. It is going to spread, that is the inevitable thing. All we are doing is delaying the spread, so these "Numbers" going up, does not necessarily represent deaths. 

• Pie 1