• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

32 minutes ago, kass said:

I assumed private companies, hospitals,  would like to make some money on this pandemic and therefore provide with more ICU if the demand was high. 

But can't argue with your post. Normally I have no faith in the American system to do what's right. So I shouldn't have it this time either. 

We will see if things get better after 2024. 

I'm not in healthcare but I've seen it brought up that, because our healthcare system is privatized and for-profit, its inventory strategy is similar to what you'd see in a modern grocery store or retail environment.  A just-in-time system where you have exactly as much stuff as you need to sell/use right now and no more, because stuff sitting around not being sold/used = taking up space = throwing money away.  Especially if it can expire.  That's why there was such a mad scramble for PPE in the early days of the pandemic.  That and the mammoth ignorance of the current administration who set out to destroy anything associated with the previous President, like his pandemic response apparatus.

It'll make a lot more sense if you think of it like this: we treat healthcare like any other consumer product in America.  Healthcare is potato chips and stereo equipment.  This is insane and ludicrous for a variety of reasons, but that's where we are.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I'm not in healthcare but I've seen it brought up that, because our healthcare system is privatized and for-profit, its inventory strategy is similar to what you'd see in a modern grocery store or retail environment.  A just-in-time system where you have exactly as much stuff as you need to sell/use right now and no more, because stuff sitting around not being sold/used = taking up space = throwing money away.  Especially if it can expire.  That's why there was such a mad scramble for PPE in the early days of the pandemic.  That and the mammoth ignorance of the current administration who set out to destroy anything associated with the previous President, like his pandemic response apparatus.

It'll make a lot more sense if you think of it like this: we treat healthcare like any other consumer product in America.  Healthcare is potato chips and stereo equipment.  This is insane and ludicrous for a variety of reasons, but that's where we are.

Pandemic response was never a political issue before this. Republican or Democratic administration, they all saw the need. This administration politicized it and figured what are the odds of it happening on our watch? Well...

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, raz said:

you have the patience of, well, a very patient person.    the contrarian only wants to eat up your time and energy and is not interested in learning anything.  they've shown that all over the boards.   just a heads up.

When you side with "I don't care about results," you are on the wrong end of the conversation.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pandemic response was never a political issue before this. Republican or Democratic administration, they all saw the need. This administration politicized it and figured what are the odds of it happening on our watch? Well...

It's funny because when this thing first started, it was "OMG you are racist if you are scared of this!"  Then when it was realized that political hay could be made the other direction, some of those same people flipped hard.

11 hours ago, CRA said:

Totally pointless.  Governor just knows his state is a mess....so he announces he did “something”.   Which is nothing. 

Everyone that would have been in the bar at 11:30 drinking....will still be in the same bar drinking until 11pm.  

Which is funny because I’m pretty sure Trump was praising how well SC was doing and was applauding their reopen....

now after everyone from Ga, NC, NY and NJ went there for Memorial Day, and 4th of July it’s a poo show 

welp my stepmom's boyfriend has it and is in the hospital with it.   they're both late 70's.  she is in a facility up here and he's in spartanburg.  they haven't seen each other since march 5 or so because of the lockdown, but i know from talking to her that he's been going to the store, drive-thru's... while he's knowingly had it before being hospitalized.   he's a bible thumper and i'm sure thought jeebus was gonna protect him from the dem hoax.   just talking to her i can get an idea of the hopelessness of someone you care about being dangerously ill and not being able to do anything for them.  you can't go see him, his son can't go see him...   its hard for her to swallow the powerlessness she has to do anything, as it would be me if it was her.  

7 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Dr Fauci

Don’t know his head from his Ass

he must be 

smokin grass

dr fauci 

what we gonna do

feed him to the bears

like the chechyans do 

you know i hear falling out of windows from 8 stories or so up is real common this time of year

50 year old friend passed away yesterday from COVID complications.  Had some underlying issues but frankly....what percentage of 50 and above don’t? 

Wear a mask.  Wear a mask for others.   It ain’t asking much.  You might be fine.  You likely will be.   You might have no concern in reality.  But you can easily give it to people who it will take down hard and quick....and for many it simply isn’t some flu they can battle and beat. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Honestly, we probably need to lock down the country again for a month. Hard lockdown with no air travel and everything closed. People not allowed to leave house unless for for food or medical attention. 

Sad... but it’s likely the only way.