• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

And this is an entirely different situation, especially at this point, with an very different H1N1 virus that had much shorter incubation periods and a different segment of vulnerable population. Your position continues to make little sense.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-h1n1-flu-covid-pandemics-response.html

Current COVID death rate is quite literally orders of magnitude higher and that is ignoring the other debilitating and permanent complications that may occur.

But it’s just a flu!!! The more apt statement would be it’s just a cold. 

Edited by Harbingers

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We ARE wearing masks, been to the grocery store or Home Depot? We test more, have a bigger and better medical system. Of course we can find more. It's out there now courtesy of :

The body count apposed to cases makes it a flu. Not what we are presently going crazy over 100 or so days out from election.

Good grief, man. Turn off Fox news. It has been mathematically demonstrated time and time again that the rise in cases is not simply due to increased testing. The flu is not a coronavirus. This is literally not "a flu".

If you just want to talk politics and psuedo-science, we have a dedicated forum for such tomfoolery. Take it to the TB.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Exactly why is the mask thing such a big deal?

It’s just a really minor inconvenience at best.

If it helps, why not do it?

Countries that wear masks have much lower cases of Covid than we do.

The problem is when YOUR FEAR requires our Frontline Heroes to wear masks 8-10hrs a day which has proven to not be good for a humans immune system. THEY know that. They are now suffering FOR YOU.

Stop it.

@rippadonn

I think the best way to put this. For those that catch COVID-19 and end up with serious symptoms from it(a lot of hospitalization cases). I can’t remember the exact quote but some doctor said. A person who has never smoked a thing in their life, after recovering from COVID19, their lungs look like they have been chain smoking for 50 years. 

Think about that, it took the virus a month to do what 50 years of chain smoking cigarettes does.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good grief, man. Turn off Fox news. It has been mathematically demonstrated time and time again that the rise in cases is not simply due to increased testing. The flu is not a coronavirus. This is literally not "a flu".

If you just want to talk politics and psuedo-science, we have a dedicated forum for such tomfoolery. Take it to the TB.

This is political, most all of it down political lines.

I'm a registered independent. Sorry if I don't see things your way.

In other countries different viewpoints get banned and censored.

Ban away.

Just now, rippadonn said:

The problem is when YOUR FEAR requires our Frontline Heroes to wear masks 8-10hrs a day which has proven to not be good for a humans immune system. THEY know that. They are now suffering FOR YOU.

Stop it.

You realize that hundreds of healthcare workers have died from COVID and almost 80,000 have been infected, right? And that wearing masks helps to protect these Frontline Heroes you mention, and that reducing overall infections would make their lives easier and allow everyone to not wear masks? I know several people who have had it (tested positive and clinically diagnosed) and this infection is not a joke. Your position here is untenable.

• Pie 2

Just now, rippadonn said:

This is political, most all of it down political lines.

I'm a registered independent. Sorry if I don't see things your way.

In other countries different viewpoints get banned and censored.

Ban away.

You're not banned, but you're going to take this to the TB or you'll end up banned.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Stop it.

Post the facts, let’s see the fact that says masks aren’t good for a human immune system. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Stop it.

Do you know any medical professionals?

My neighbor (a nurse at Levine’s children’s hospital) was going around the neighborhood collecting n95 masks because she and her fellow ‘frontline hero’s’ desperately wanted them.

My best friend is a nurse in Seattle. Works with Covid patients in the ICU daily. He happily wears a mask 12 hours a day and told me to do the same when I’m out. 

BTW...my friend in Seattle says he typically sees 15 or so flu patients a year in the ICU and a handful of deaths.

He’s seen over a hundred Covid icu patients so far and many many deaths. 

Edited by Tbe
  • Pie 2