• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

As crazy as it sounds, the President will get a lot of credit for "what the hell do you have to lose" with most people.

If it is an existing drug, and people are going down, why not give it a shot until the medical community catches up?  Might be crazy in normal times, but if I was circling the drain, I would ask for it.

Edited by stirs

2 hours ago, stirs said:

As crazy as it sounds, the President will get a lot of credit for "what the hell do you have to lose" with most people.

If it is an existing drug, and people are going down, why not give it a shot until the medical community catches up?  Might be crazy in normal times, but if I was circling the drain, I would ask for it.

I wonder what Dr. Fauci was about to say.

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Man, there are a lot of people who hate that it is helping many folks get better. Weird

The issue is the drug is

#1 toxic and not something you want to give people without clear cause.

#2 In short supply and needed by people with other conditions.

#3 There is no clear data that it is actually helping.

I think most people would love for it to work. They just don’t like the president making people believe that it is going to solve this issue when it might not do anything. 

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The issue is the drug is

#1 toxic and not something you want to give people without clear cause.

#2 In short supply and needed by people with other conditions.

#3 There is no clear data that it is actually helping.

I think most people would love for it to work. They just don’t like the president making people believe that it is going to solve this issue when it might not do anything. 

Yeah, I think Trump needs to stop beating the drum on it. It's not helping. India provides roughly half of our supply and they banned the exportation of it a couple of days ago. So, now we have demand surging and the supply just got cut in half.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think Trump needs to stop beating the drum on it. It's not helping. India provides roughly half of our supply and they banned the exportation of it a couple of days ago. So, now we have demand surging and the supply just got cut in half.

Why do you think they banned the export of the drug?

6 minutes ago, stirs said:

Why do you think they banned the export of the drug?

You don’t need a prescription to get it in India so people there have been scooping it up because there is a possibility it may help. The ban seems like a protective measure in case there is substance to claims the drug works.