• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Too bad we have a bunch of people trying to politicize wearing masks equating them to "muzzles". WTF...

Yeah, I’ve seen some of that recently. I wouldn’t mind it if masks prevented the wearer from getting it vs keeping someone from spreading it (what it really does). I’m hoping this data makes the rounds and governors and businesses start requiring it.

I know, if given the choice, I would much rather wear a mask than have another lock down. 

• Pie 1

I'll be dealing with the idiocy soon enough. Looks like we'll be back in NC by the middle of next month. The sell of our house is set to close in a couple of weeks. All the major hurdles have been cleared.

I'm just gonna cash in my chips and sit on a big ass pile of cash and buy another place in either western Colorado or Montana probably this time next year at a heavy discount. They're not going to be able to keep this economic house of cards afloat for as long as this thing is going to last. The housing market is gonna crash.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll be dealing with the idiocy soon enough. Looks like we'll be back in NC by the middle of next month. The sell of our house is set to close in a couple of weeks. All the major hurdles have been cleared.

I'm just gonna cash in my chips and sit on a big ass pile of cash and buy another place in either western Colorado or Montana probably this time next year at a heavy discount. They're not going to be able to keep this economic house of cards afloat for as long as this thing is going to last. The housing market is gonna crash.

Libby, Montana

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Libby, Montana

Ideally, we'll end up somewhere up that way, but I have a feeling my wife would much prefer the Bozeman area. 

Actually, if I was betting I'd say we end up in western CO.  At the end of the day, I doubt I'll be able to completely sell her on Montana. I'm fine with western CO. The access to southern Utah is a huge plus.

7 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Without a vaccine, nearly everyone in the world is going to be exposed and to think otherwise is foolish IMO. Just try and even the spread so hospitals aren't overwhelmed.

Everyone in the world, not even close. There are plenty of countries where 100% of people wear masks anytime they are outside and the virus has been largely contained. It's only the stupid and selfish people in the US (and to some extent certain areas in Europe) that can't be bothered to do these very simple things and end up with a big explosion in cases.

Edited by R0CKnR0LLA

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, it won’t this time.  You need to have ~740 score to buy a house today.  The banks are being very careful.

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Nah, it won’t this time.  You need to have ~740 score to buy a house today.  The banks are being very careful.

Probably now but the last couple of years they weren't and those will be the ones that get foreclosed on. 

Just now, Squirrel said:

Probably now but the last couple of years they weren't and those will be the ones that get foreclosed on. 

You still needed a score in high 600s.  It will be no where close to 2008 real estate bubble.  I doubt Charlotte will even feel the impact with extremely high demand for real estate here.