Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Every blue state in the country is going to want this....will end up at SCOTUS

I highly doubt it.  Colorado (purple), Hawaii, Washington, Oregon(blue), and Utah(red) are already full vote by mail and if it was really a partisan issue you would have expected lawsuits out of Co and Or already.

Vote by mail has not shown an increase in fraud and does not eliminate voting in person but it does increase participation which can only be a good thing.

you wont go read them but

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/us/politics/vote-by-mail.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/letting-people-vote-at-home-increases-voter-turnout-heres-proof/2018/01/26/d637b9d2-017a-11e8-bb03-722769454f82_story.html

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/5/23/17383400/vote-by-mail-home-california-alaska-nebraska

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've spent almost the entirety of my adult voting life in Colorado. I've actually never physically voted at a polling place. I've always done a mail-in ballot. The concept of having to go somewhere to vote seems absurd to me given my experience as a voter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bull123 said:

You are correct in that the 3 sources you list so left leaning that I do not consider them credible...but you guys say that about fox, so I’ll consider that even up

what is surprising is that those states you note allow vote by mail, and that no legal action has been taken...not by the states themselves, but by outsiders, and yes by the RNC specifically 

but I will also admit this goes both ways, as we saw down east in the recent congressional race
 

absentee voting is one thing, complete vote by mail just invites huge fraud, on both sides

 

"facts aren't facts unless I like them!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, bull123 said:

You are correct in that the 3 sources you list so left leaning that I do not consider them credible...but you guys say that about fox, so I’ll consider that even up

what is surprising is that those states you note allow vote by mail, and that no legal action has been taken...not by the states themselves, but by outsiders, and yes by the RNC specifically 

but I will also admit this goes both ways, as we saw down east in the recent congressional race
 

absentee voting is one thing, complete vote by mail just invites huge fraud, on both sides

 

What you base that on? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

States should just do drive in voting. Get your ballot in the mail, fill it out, drive to your polling station, present your ID and voter form through your car window, drive away. 

  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tbe said:

States should just do drive in voting. Get your ballot in the mail, fill it out, drive to your polling station, present your ID and voter form through your car window, drive away. 

This.. I agree with this.. Or mailing your ballot and then you dropping it off in a box. Voting then mailing it to place, I do not agree with. 

Evidence of Tampering. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html?l&fbclid=IwAR2_8F7H6-Wmc1T9zX5YXlF2NKreNqwoz-OXK6P4XKeKS2UDbvGV2gRARns

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay us!

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/covid-19-forecasters-slash-projections-for-nc-death-toll/19106241/

New modeling from a group of researchers at the University of Washington has significantly cut the number of COVID-19 deaths expected in North Carolina through August.

Projections from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation now forecast more than 2,500 deaths from the disease through Aug. 4. That's down about 40 percent from the group's projection last week of 4,400 deaths.
 

North Carolina saw one of the largest decreases in the forecast compared to other states. Arizona's forecast, on the other hand, increased by more than 3,000.
 

But they wrote they also expected to see a bigger jump in cases due to rising mobility – a signal that people are social distancing less.

"Yet such a surge has yet to materialize, suggesting that increases in human mobility alone may not fully capture risk of transmission," researchers wrote.

The group is now trying to figure out how to incorporate other social distancing factors, like mask usage consistent with CDC recommendations, into the model.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bull123 said:

why do we have two separate threads on the same thing?....should combine them

Politics is a Tinderbox topic. This thread constantly plays in a gray area, but it's a topic we'd like to keep on the main forum. This isn't a thread about voting and there won't be a thread about voting outside of the Tinderbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Yay us!

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/covid-19-forecasters-slash-projections-for-nc-death-toll/19106241/

New modeling from a group of researchers at the University of Washington has significantly cut the number of COVID-19 deaths expected in North Carolina through August.

Projections from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation now forecast more than 2,500 deaths from the disease through Aug. 4. That's down about 40 percent from the group's projection last week of 4,400 deaths.
 

North Carolina saw one of the largest decreases in the forecast compared to other states. Arizona's forecast, on the other hand, increased by more than 3,000.
 

But they wrote they also expected to see a bigger jump in cases due to rising mobility – a signal that people are social distancing less.

"Yet such a surge has yet to materialize, suggesting that increases in human mobility alone may not fully capture risk of transmission," researchers wrote.

The group is now trying to figure out how to incorporate other social distancing factors, like mask usage consistent with CDC recommendations, into the model.

This disease is a lot less contagious is warmer temps. They don't want to come out and flat out announce that because people act dumb enough already.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...