• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Bc9X1cF.png

Not looking great. N.C. is on track for NY and NJ levels. 

NC = 450 cases per 100k people

NY and NJ = 2000 cases per 100k people.

NC could be that high in a month or two.

Edited by Tbe

48 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Gastonia has 312% covid cases increase over the last 2 weeks.

Is that because their numbers were so low? It reminds me of fox sports saying skips show was the fastest growing sports show in America. Well if you go from 0 to 1 it’s super growth. 

also, ironic too cause they had a person saying to defy the gov a few weeks ago and open back up right?

49 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Is that because their numbers were so low? It reminds me of fox sports saying skips show was the fastest growing sports show in America. Well if you go from 0 to 1 it’s super growth. 

also, ironic too cause they had a person saying to defy the gov a few weeks ago and open back up right?

According to this site right now they have 549 total confirmed cases and 8 deaths https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-US&mid=/m/0n491&gl=US&ceid=US:en

1 hour ago, Paintballr said:

Could be...one of SC's "hot spot" counties now has been one of the lowest number of cases in the state thus far, therefore only a handful of new cases made the rate jump significantly.  That county has 95 cases and 0 deaths.

10 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why are so many people trying to make this a political thing? There are TONS of people here that don't wear a mask and not one of them is GOP.

It's mostly a youth thing.

There are a bunch of people making personal decisions to wear one or not, and then others who are making political statements by wearing one or not.  But I'd say alot of people fall into a category of just going with the environment they are in.  If they live in an area where everybody is wearing masks, then they put one on.  If the don't - they don't.  Where I live most places have a very high compliance rate (probably 70-80% or better) so unless you are personally or politically opposed to wearing a mask you feel kind of awkward being the only one without one on.  Put some of those same people who are wearing masks into a non-mask wearing area and I bet they wouldn't wear one.  Its kind of like PPE on a construction site, people tend to adapt to the environment they are in.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The current Mumps vaccine was 4 years and it started in 1963 with the dad of a girl who had mumps. That’s what’s in the MMR vaccine and Merck started using it in 1967.

I think we have the tech to absolutely speed that process up and have something in record time. We haven’t seen a need for a huge vaccine effort in a long time so it’s hard to compare. I read about the Ebola vaccine and you aren’t talking about anywhere near the same problem. The problem Ebola faced was money and the need. In just the US we’ve had 10x the number of deaths due to CV in 3 months than all of the Ebola deaths in 2014-2016. People weren’t rushing to produce a vaccine that had less than 30k cases.

No idea when we’ll have one, but using Ebola as the standard isn’t a good example. There really isn’t a great one in today’s world. Heck even the tech advances in genetics and healthcare (and other assisting tech) in the past 6 years are huge.

Technology can't replace trials. Technology can help in the development but trials are trials.

No deaths today in NC reported.

Bottom line, if deaths do not start going up like positive cases, then the heck w shutting down.  Not sure how long we wait for the lag to catch up, I thought it was about 2-3 weeks, but here we are.  Who knows, could be 100 deaths tomorrow