• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Bradberry to NY Giants

ncstatekwi

Solid dependable player that played well against good WRs. I didn't want us to shell that kind of cash for him but I'm not against him getting his big payday somewhere else. Please let this comp pick stick, it should have good value. 

25 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Hilarious that Gman detested the idea of paying Norman yet does so for a slightly worse player. All GMs are hypocrites.

Norman wanted 5 yr 15-16m per. It was too much for him. Bradberry for 3 years isn't bad. It's a shorter term contract and JB should just be about ready to begin his decline at the end of it. I don't see that big a problem with it. Just hope we keep that 3rd round comp pick we should get. 

30 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Also

Honestly if Jones and Bradberry were on the opposite teams, Bradberry would be getting the bigger contract right now. Similar solid lengthy players who don’t make many plays on the ball. I’d argue Bradberry is better. Being on the Cowboys and a 1st round pick got Jones paid more.

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Norman wanted 5 yr 15-16m per. It was too much for him. Bradberry for 3 years isn't bad. It's a shorter term contract and JB should just be about ready to begin his decline at the end of it. I don't see that big a problem with it. Just hope we keep that 3rd round comp pick we should get. 

And that was 4 years ago.... Cap has increased, James’ contract now is more like $10M back then, much less than Josh was asking and got.

I'm happy a good dude like James Bradberry got paid so he can provide for his family. 

As a Panthers fan whew. Thank God we didn't overpay for him. 

Also, if you think THIS is the reason we meed to prioritize CB this offseason, you literally haven't been watching the games or understand the modern NFL. CB is a major issue for this team, regardless of if we were bringing JB back. 

Archived