• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's value and rebuilding

Bronn

I have to say that, fan-goggles removed, Cam is at least worth more than a single 2nd rounder. I know people are concerned about his health, but there was a market for him even after the injury last year and, with the uncertainty of the QB market at this point, I think he's actually worth more than most people think.

As for suitors, the Bears and Chargers are the first teams that come to mind. The Chargers have nobody at QB, and very little draft collateral. The Bears have less draft collateral, and don't seem to be happy with Mitch.

I'd try hard to get Chicago to take Cam for their two second round picks. I'd send them our second rounder as well. That would move us down in the round, but net us an extra second rounder.

I would then try my damnedest to get Las Vegas to trade up to 7. They could send us their #19 overall, a player, and picks #80 and 81 in the third round. We'd then have picks #19, 43, 50, 69, 80, 81, 113, 152, 184, and 221.

Anyone else got any fair/proposed moves moving forward?

3 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I have to say that, fan-goggles removed, Cam is at least worth more than a single 2nd rounder. I know people are concerned about his health, but there was a market for him even after the injury last year and, with the uncertainty of the QB market at this point, I think he's actually worth more than most people think.

As for suitors, the Bears and Chargers are the first teams that come to mind. The Chargers have nobody at QB, and very little draft collateral. The Bears have less draft collateral, and don't seem to be happy with Mitch.

I'd try hard to get Chicago to take Cam for their two second round picks. I'd send them our second rounder as well. That would move us down in the round, but net us an extra second rounder.

I would then try my damnedest to get Las Vegas to trade up to 7. They could send us their #19 overall, a player, and picks #80 and 81 in the third round. We'd then have picks #19, 43, 50, 69, 80, 81, 113, 152, 184, and 221.

Anyone else got any fair/proposed moves moving forward?

Well, we certainly have not boosted his trade value with all of the Panthers’ and Tepper’s statements today.

Bronn, the point is the organization has just told the world they're going in a differenct direction. They already have a new QB. That takes away most if not all of your leverage in any negotiation. They'll likely have to take whatever's offered because teams know you'll release him if he's not traded. 

Plus Cam has all the power to manipulate where he goes, particularly using his injuries to restrict going to a team he's not interested in. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's already widely reported that a Bridgewater signing is imminent and the Panthers have already publicly said their goodbyes on social media.

Any trade leverage they ever had is GONE.

Sad but true.

The team has handled this horribly. Reports that Newton was "blindsided" by this put the team in an even worse light.

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

Why would we do that and give up our leverage? Like what sense does that make?

I sense that we were using the Brady holding pattern to get "our guy" and didn't want to wait for NE and the others that didn't get picked to really jump in on Bridgewater.

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Why would we do that and give up our leverage? Like what sense does that make?

It doesn't. Just like moving on from Cam while he's at his lowest value doesn't. You figure out a way to let him get healthy and get on the field, even if it's for half a season. Even if it costs you some cap. 1st and 2nd round picks are gold and the key to winning in today's NFL. 

Archived