• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Deserved Better

JARROD

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/cam-newton-released-panthers-205744744.html

Lest we forget, the Panthers were largely an NFL afterthought before Newton arrived: sure they qualified for the playoffs every 2-3 years, and they even made it to a Super Bowl. But their straight-out-of-the-90s teal-and-black color combination and the fact they played in a smaller city didn’t help their cause.”

This is probably the best article I’ve seen for articulating the disgust as a fan that I have on how Cam Newtons situation and past have been handled considering what he did for the Panthers.

I would absolutely agree with the writer who asks “What will Teddy Bridgewater be able to do for the Panthers in comparison to Cam Newton?”

6 minutes ago, JARROD said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/cam-newton-released-panthers-205744744.html

Lest we forget, the Panthers were largely an NFL afterthought before Newton arrived: sure they qualified for the playoffs every 2-3 years, and they even made it to a Super Bowl. But their straight-out-of-the-90s teal-and-black color combination and the fact they played in a smaller city didn’t help their cause.”

This is probably the best article I’ve seen for articulating the disgust as a fan that I have on how Cam Newtons situation and past have been handled considering what he did for the Panthers.

I would absolutely agree with the writer who asks “What will Teddy Bridgewater be able to do for the Panthers in comparison to Cam Newton?”

Nothing. Teddy isn’t replacing cam. He’s a bridge until the future presents itself.

And Teddy will do better in Brady’s system.

Cam will never return to 2015 form.

I believe they handled the cam situation just fine. It’s a business and time to move on. There’s not market for him now.

The previous FO who ignored the oline and let Shula coach cam is where the blame lies. I feel they could have done a much better job helping cam reach his potential.

2 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Part of that also lies on Cam. His terrible mechanics they tried to work on, but Cam never got much better at. 

Cam had his shortcomings but he also has natural gifts and talents. There is absolutely no excuse for a traditional coach to try and mesh with cam. No excuse for 7 second developing plays and no excuse for a shitty ass oline. No constantly asking him to get the tough yards and wear and tear. Some yes, because again that’s what makes him special. But be the leading rusher on the team? A bit much. Even with cams shortcomings his talents could have been utilized more effectively.

I think it’s hilarious we are giving up on cam cause of injuries only to pay an average qb with one knee 20 million a year. We did cam real dirty. He will have an amazing 2nd half to his career. If the panthers got this wrong then we officially become a joke franchise. 

I've already stated how I felt about the whole f'd up way that Dave Tepper, depressed a healthy man's value in the market to then low ball him as damaged goods to say f' you I'm rolling with MORE of an injury concern at QB, in my opinion. He could have held his nose and let Cam walk off into whatever. Instead he leaked to the media while putting Rhule out front to basically sell disinformation because Cam IS HEALTHY. Health wasn't it folks it was a selfish endeavor. I wanna do it my way. His way may win. Seeing his style now having first been a fan, I don't think so. Too many mistakes and it looked like certain type huddlers game plan to treat a guy like sht on the way out. Tepper knew what he wanted to do, like he leaked to the media, why not do it months ago so Cam and his agent could find a landing spot for HEALTHY man. The whole strategy was obvious and also obviously bungled, on purpose. Can't trust him. He'll stab you in the back. JR has slapped faces, but I can't remember a straight up backstabbing like this. It wasn't cool. Smitty was worse but this was sht level also.

32 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Nothing. Teddy isn’t replacing cam. He’s a bridge until the future presents itself.

And Teddy will do better in Brady’s system.

Cam will never return to 2015 form.

I believe they handled the cam situation just fine. It’s a business and time to move on. There’s not market for him now.

The previous FO who ignored the oline and let Shula coach cam is where the blame lies. I feel they could have done a much better job helping cam reach his potential.

This :100_Emoji_42x42:. Well said. And the QB fit is among the main factors this split was inevitable.

Archived