• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Panther was the GOAT?

Hotsauce

Who was the greatest Panther of all time?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which Panther was the GOAT?

Steve Smith was a 5'9", 185 lbs BULLY. 

On and off the field. In a sport with the biggest, baddest, meanest mofos in the WORLD! 

He is without a doubt the GOAT. You could scheme Luke. You could scheme Cam. The only way to stop 89 was to keep throwing bodies at him until you eventually slowed him down. Which usually started at around 3 defenders. Personification of a junk yard, 50 pound chain wearing, no shelter from the elements, raw meat eating, pit bull. You bet not go in that yard - if you know what I know!

Steve Smith being the GOAT Panther is a reflection of him being the first guy to have a lengthy career as a top tier player for a new team that has no history.

He'd be a respected, but another receiver for other teams. In some cases, wouldn't even make the slot position for their all time team.

The only player in the history of the Panthers to play in both bottom ranked teams.

Newton would be, or challenge to be, the best player and/or qb in the history of other teams.

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

I like this but I think CMC climbs way up this ladder before his career is over.

that's what i was hinting at, was deciding between him and minter but ultimately went CMC since CMC had one of (if not the) the greatest statistical seasons ever by panther last season. can't in good faith put him over gross yet though, too young and hasnt been here long enough just yet. i think CMC has the potential to maybe even leapfrog peppers and cam later down the line tho

1 minute ago, beo said:

that's what i was hinting at, was deciding between him and minter but ultimately went CMC since CMC had one of (if not the) the greatest statistical seasons ever by panther last season. can't in good faith put him over gross yet though, too young and hasnt been here long enough just yet. i think CMC has the potential to maybe even leapfrog peppers and cam later down the line tho

No doubt. Will be a tough act to follow at the RB position though. But if anyone had a chance and has proved their ability to stay healthy while still being a workhorse it’s CMC. 

Archived