• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

Just wanted to send a wave from Fort Worth...  Hospital I work at is obviously seeing COVID-19 patients, but we're well staffed, well equipped, highly capable and meeting this head on...  I'm not front line staff, and am sequestered like everyone else, supporting those who are...  

Everyone please stay safe and responsible, and this too shall pass...

Love from Texas!

35 minutes ago, NanceUSMC said:

Just wanted to send a wave from Fort Worth...  Hospital I work at is obviously seeing COVID-19 patients, but we're well staffed, well equipped, highly capable and meeting this head on...  I'm not front line staff, and am sequestered like everyone else, supporting those who are...  

Love from Texas!

Texas here too. I think the state government has handled this pretty well, aside from Dan Patrick’s retarded comments about letting the elderly die to save the economy,

I know way too many people who have lost their jobs, including my friend’s pregnant wife 

36 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Texas here too. I think the state government has handled this pretty well, aside from Dan Patrick’s retarded comments about letting the elderly die to save the economy,

I know way too many people who have lost their jobs, including my friend’s pregnant wife 

I agree..  They've been very proactive and have done well (comments aside, of course)...  Tarrant county has done well, too...  We'll start to see the results before long...

4 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Don't forget to take care of your mental health as well. With all the uncertainty ahead it can get down right frightening.  Live in the moment, don't ruminate too much,breathe,exercise, eat healthy foods,and try to limit your alcohol intake.  Talk to friends and family about how you are feeling. Seek out psychological help of you need it.  Take time to do what makes you happy.  Remember that this will pass.  May take a while but it will.

This is the hardest part for me. Given this situation and my wife's work situation, it's a lot to deal with. Then factor in the reality that my wife is one of those people who if she doesn't have something to worry about she'll worry that she's missing what she should be worrying about. It's ridiculous. I've tried to get her to go talk to someone about it and so has her family. She just looks for stress and then absolutely wallows in it. It's just about intervention time 

1 hour ago, NanceUSMC said:

I agree..  They've been very proactive and have done well (comments aside, of course)...  Tarrant county has done well, too...  We'll start to see the results before long...

I live in Arlington and I'm in IT for a food company, so I'm on call and have to go out to our stores

Yes, Tarrant county has done a really good job. Just too damn bad everyone still going out and finding stuff to do. Lol 

2 hours ago, NanceUSMC said:

Love from Texas!

Best wishes, Nance.

Honestly, my job and income have been affected though I still technically have a job.  My main focus of concern is just getting past this virus.  Don't really even care if I lose everything in the process.  All of that can be built up again with a normal economy.  What's really important right now is that everyone stays safe, and we turn the tide on this thing.  If this thing ends up infecting 10 to 15 million people life as we know it may be over.  Everyone just look at for their families.

On a Panther related note.  It might have been the best time to release Cam and have a rebuilding season.  We might not see this year in the NFL get played.  It's possible that by the time football picks back up Cam would have been an FA anyway and we would have had two drafts.

Got together with a few friends and got 150 pounds of chicken just under 100 bucks split 4 ways. I'm out in Washington but I'm sure you guys have the same. Our local farmers are putting together baskets since out farmers markets are closed. Drive up,10-20 bucks depending on what you get, weeks worth of food for a family of 4.

We've been blessed that both my wife and I can work from home. The kids are enjoying school being out and have been fairly good about keeping up with their work online (amazing job the teachers have done putting together a working distance learning program on the fly like this).

My only difficulty is right before the virus hit, my mom had been hospitalized for pneumonia (she's 70 and a lifelong asthmatic with other underlying conditions, too). They released her into a nursing home/rehab facility and the place has been locked down ever since. At least I can call her, but if things change for the worse then I won't get to see her again. She's going to be okay, though, I know it.

Good luck to everyone and no matter how bad it gets, there are days ahead that will be better. Don't survive the pandemic and simultaneously convince yourself that your life is over. This too shall pass.

Archived