• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Thank you, Jeremy. As a retired person with diabetes and an irregular heartbeat from open heart surgery, both under control as far as they can be, I fully appreciate your kind words. I have been sheltering in place since the end of February and I have too often felt a part of the forgotten people in all of this. Except for my son and daughter and their families. It's too easy to feel ghosted and that my life isn't worth considering, along with millions of others.

Also diabetic and come with a lousy family history. I understand.

You have value, especially as a parent. Hang in there.

11 hours ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

As a guy who is both married to an RN and is also an RN himself, I’m both honored and offended at the same time. Just kidding (about the offended part).

Wife and I are happy our jobs are on the business side of things (Revenue Cycle) and we were already mostly working from home. Our kids, on the other hand, aren’t so lucky. Daughter is a Physician Assistant who has a couple COVID patients on her list in a Northern Virginia hospital so she has to go in to see them. Son is a med student who practically lives in the hospital so he’s vulnerable as well. This sucks as a parent. 

Best from me. 

17 hours ago, Toolbox said:

You guys are real heroes.. thanks for offering support to those that need it.. wish I could do the same but I got no check coming in anymore.

There are a lot of everyday heroes out there (not me, but my lady is). Prayers for you.

I'm fortunate to know the hands down best realtor around for this area. He's working up a market analysis for me right now. Shockingly, the local real estate market is still holding up quite well. If the price is right, I'm selling this place and bouncing back to NC with the folks for a bit. Honestly, I'd rather be sitting on a pile of cash right now than a house I still owe $380k on. I wanted to be out of here in the next year or two anyway and the last major downturn it took CO real estate about five years to fully recover. We very well could be a year away from bottom and I don't want to be stuck here for six more years.

1 hour ago, jasonluckydog said:

I'm thankful I have to work through all this cause if I was forced to stay home 24/7 I'm pretty sure my wife will murder me. 

My wife is bugging the poo out of me right now. She worries about EVERYTHING so of course she's bouncing off her rev limiter right now. She's also obsessing over things in the house that she thinks will help it sell. Something my buddy has specifically told me NOT to do right now because he works with a professional stager. He's specifically told me that other than general deep cleaning, don't worry about doing anything else until the stager comes out because it'll honestly probably be a waste of our time.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:13 AM, NanceUSMC said:

Just wanted to send a wave from Fort Worth...  Hospital I work at is obviously seeing COVID-19 patients, but we're well staffed, well equipped, highly capable and meeting this head on...  I'm not front line staff, and am sequestered like everyone else, supporting those who are...  

Everyone please stay safe and responsible, and this too shall pass...

Love from Texas!

Holy cow!

The legend I signed up on this dark little corner of the internet to read his draft breakdown.

Hope you and yours are doing well.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:04 AM, bull123 said:

my daughter is a hairdresser, owns her own salon...gov shut her down...gonna be tough for her

She should definitely apply for the relief fund loan or talk to her bank about the bill passed Friday which includes an operational grant component that will cover her salary and any employees. 

31 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

apparently was extended another 30 days...really see lot of small business not making it

We love to cook - but we will ratchet up our number of UberEats orders during that period to help out, but I doubt it’ll make much of an impact, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm fortunate to know the hands down best realtor around for this area. He's working up a market analysis for me right now. Shockingly, the local real estate market is still holding up quite well. If the price is right, I'm selling this place and bouncing back to NC with the folks for a bit. Honestly, I'd rather be sitting on a pile of cash right now than a house I still owe $380k on. I wanted to be out of here in the next year or two anyway and the last major downturn it took CO real estate about five years to fully recover. We very well could be a year away from bottom and I don't want to be stuck here for six more years.

Got the full market analysis back this afternoon. The number was 

giphy.gif

Photographer is coming tomorrow afternoon and the listing will post on Wednesday.

Anyone interested in a 3 bed, 2 bath 2000sqft home in the mountains of Colorado commutable to Denver? LOL!

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You have a name? 

First of all, stay safe everyone! 

Here in Sweden things are relatively fine. Health care is holding up with only about 100 deaths, schools up through middle school still open and restaurants are open with some restrictions like table service only.

I have a job I can do from home and it is not threatened in the short term. 

My father is a retired doctor and has started to talk about "volunteering for service". He had open heart surgery last year and would very likely not survive if infection, so I worried about him even before this talk. So far he is still in self quarantine. 

Very fortunate to have seen minimal impact aside from working remotely and having to manage my wife's mental & physical health issues more often, but otherwise I'm still the sole breadwinner and can still perform my job (I work in cyber security for multiple entitites, two of which are currently working on a vaccine).

Taking advantage of the situation tho to watch Mr Rogers Neighborhood with my 4yr old in the mornings :D

Archived