• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me your most memorable experience at a game in BOA

Hotsauce

100% has to be the NFC Championship game.  Incredibly hyped tailgating scene, snow still on the ground, night game.  Post game watching the celebration on the field, and the scene outside the stadium post game.   The game was obviously incredible as well.  

Dallas game leading up to SB 38 also.  First Panthers game I ever attended. I remember standing in line in a Publix Ticketmaster counter with a friend in Charleston to get tickets the morning they went on sale.  It was an ABC broadcast and I remember the nostalgia seeing Madden on the big screen pregame and the MNF song leading in.  I was young.  

January 5, 1997. Dallas comes to Charlotte. Our 1st ever playoff game well earned after sweeping the 49ers to take the NFC West division. Our 2nd year in existence. Terrell's INT at the end of the game had the crowd going nuts. After the end of the game, the stadium was still full because nobody  - and I mean no body - wanted to leave. Then the team came back out and ran around the edge of the field celebrating with the fans and everyone went wild. I've never been prouder to be a Panthers fan than that night.

My 2nd memorable game was our 1st win ever in Clemson on October 15, 1995 where Sam Mills was tossed the ball by Bubby Brister. https://www.panthers.com/video/sam-mills-interception-vs-jets-in-first-ever-win

12 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

MNF: Panther vs Patriots, Nov 2013

I was with my buddy in some sick Club level seats.  I was surrounded by Pats fans and a bunch wine and cheese old a-holes (that kept yelling at me to sit down).  The game was back and fourth and ultimately came down to Brady throwing a interception, followed by throwing a temper tantrum after the game.  We went to All American Pub afterwords and I danced with a bunch of chicks and got so hot that I peeled off my black DeAngelo Williams jersey that someone immediately stole when I placed it in a chair. (Thanks for that).
Anyway, it was an epic night and it was so sweet watching all those sad Pats fans who paid big money to buy tickets in my section.  

Game summary:

Carolina took an early 7-0 lead thanks to a nine-yard touchdown catch by Brandon LaFell and led 10-3 at halftime. The Patriots tied the game not five minutes into the third quarter on a touchdown by Rob Gronkowski, but Greg Olsen responded with one of his own. Carolina led 17-10 going into the final stanza, and it seemed like they had a legit chance to pull off an upset.

It didn’t take long for New England to tie the game again, though. Stevan Ridley’s one-yard run made it 17-17, then the Patriots took the lead thanks to a field goal by Stephen Gostkowski.

Starting from their own 17 yard line with less than six and a half minutes to go, the Panthers needed a game-winning drive from their franchise quarterback. Cam Newton responded, completing a 15-play drive with a 25-yard TD to Ted Ginn.

Brady rallied and got the Patriots within striking distance, but on the critical last play he threw an end-zone interception. Some folks will tell you that Gronkowski was clearly held by Luke Kuechly on the play and pass interference should have been called, nevermind the ball being completely uncatchable anyway. A flag was thrown but after a discussion the officials picked it up and declared the game over with the Panthers winners.

Naturally, Brady was livid. He got into one of the officials’ faces and screamed some obscenities on live TV.

E96C67B5-75CA-420B-9890-1B7D1328E06B.gif

7CA9BC9C-FD0F-4EFF-8B34-96A8EFE14C7B.gif

Mine was actually the same game! I am stationed in DC but have been a Panthers fan since we got the team. I do a lot of volunteer work with the USO up here and was able to get hooked up with the USO in NC for their salute to service game. I was able to have a cookout with other service members before the game, then hang out on the field during warm-ups. I was only able to bring one person on the field with me so my son and I got to meet Stuart Scott, Steve Young, and the rest of the MNF crew, and also being a WFU fan since birth, it was also a highlight to spend 15 minutes talking to Ricky Proehl on the sidelines after he went through Steve Smith's warm-up routine. Before the game, all of the service members got to march onto the field and re-enlist in our respective branches, followed by  saluting for the national anthem, and getting high fives from all the players as we jogged off. It wasn't until we got to the elevator that I found out that my 6 year old son was on the sideline hanging out with Charles Johnson and one of the refs the whole time who happened to give him his NFL lapel pin that he still has in his room. Topping that off with one of the most exciting endings to a game I have ever seen will be a memory that I will never forget. Probably one of the most memorable nights of my life, and I was glad to be able to share it with my Mom, Wife, 2 yr old son (who just stared at the cheerleaders the whole time)  and my 6 yr old son. The Panthers organization was outstanding to all of us, even though only 2 of the 40 or so of us were actually fans of the team, JR and Bob Kraft even made it a point to come over and talk to us. 

11 hours ago, bull123 said:

#1...all the way back to yr 2 in last reg season game when we beat Pittsburgh to gain a bye and win the division...I was field level right on top of it when we stopped Pitt to win...stadium exploded

#2 jakes TD pass to beat jax when he came in at halftime and began his era...last second win and stadium eruption

#3 the playoff win against Dallas...this actually should be #1...best win ever

honorable mention goes to:  A Rogers throwing down his iPad and Brady cursing at the refs stomping out of the stadium 

Dallas playoff is#1 for me.  Didn't we knock out Irvin and Dion out of that game.  I recall one of them in a gold suit on the sideline that I could see all the way up in 503.

Last game of the 2009 season was played in January of 2010 against the Saints. JStew scored on the first play from scrimmage, as I remember it. 

I came with three friends from Knoxville that were not Panthers fans. The temp was in the 20s and my friends left at halftime to go sit in a warm bar. I stayed by myself for the rest of the game. It was miserably cold and I was alone, but I still had an awesome time. 

50 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

Last game of the 2009 season was played in January of 2010 against the Saints. JStew scored on the first play from scrimmage, as I remember it. 

I came with three friends from Knoxville that were not Panthers fans. The temp was in the 20s and my friends left at halftime to go sit in a warm bar. I stayed by myself for the rest of the game. It was miserably cold and I was alone, but I still had an awesome time. 

I was there too. It was the coldest Panthers game I’ve attended. Stewart was a beast but it’s worth noting that Dwayne Jarrett also scored his only touchdown in that game. 

For me it’s 

2015 NFC Divisional Playoff win over Seahawks (Stewart’s run, the pick-six by Luke, Cam to Olsen)

2008 win over Lions (was there with my parents, had a great time, watched Double Trouble dominate)

2005 win over Vikings when Steve Smith rowed the boat right in front of us and went for over 200 yards receiving. Jake passed for like 350 yards, too.

2014 NFC Wild Card Game win over Cardinals (that Cam to Fozzy Whitaker TD was sick)

2013 monsoon win over Saints (Luke’s 24-tackle game)

2000 win over 49ers (my first game, saw Mike Minter pick off Jeff Garcia, return it for a TD and the PA blared “who let the dogs out”)

2003 loss to Eagles but because it was my birthday and I got to meet a lot of the players, like Steve Smith, Jordan Gross and He Hate Me

2018 win over Ravens, Cam throws two touchdown passes, McCaffrey runs for one and catches one; beautiful weather, great atmosphere, awesome time

2011, Cam’s pro debut in the preseason, a win over Giants

2009 freezing cold Week 17 win over Saints and Dwayne Jarrett’s only TD

2008 preseason when we beat the Redskins 48-3 

2018 preseason win over Dolphins when I decided to record one play on my phone and McCaffrey broke open for a 77-yard TD

2013 preseason win over Steelers when Anderson hit Ginn for an 87-yard TD, Norman had a pick and it’s the last game I covered as a media member

2010 preseason loss to Jets because it was the first game I covered and I hung out with Jimmy Clausen after the game 

Archived