• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you do this deal?

Actionman0z

No, we would slightly win the point value, but that goes out the window when QB's are involved.

If we are trading out of that pick, I want it to be for a QB needy team, and they are going to have to overpay, not be a wash.

Don't care about Freeman.

Denver’s 2nd round pick would be 46, Dallas owns a pick 51.

Even if it was the 46th I’d say no. You don’t ever want to be drafting top 10, but when you do, it’s a rare territory to get as close to a sure thing as possible.  As for adding the extra picks, the success rate of players taken that low nose dives soo much that I don’t think it’s a fair return.

So my answer is no I wouldn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Add the why. 

because at 7 we are very likely to end up with a top-tier talent in Okudah, Simmons, or Brown. 

15 is too dangerous. Very real chance the 3 of them are gone in addition to the top four OT prospects and Kinlaw. 

If we have the guy we want at #7 we should stay. I have done mocks where we trade down in the 2nd to acquire more picks.  Why?  The second round is loaded, especially with players at need positions for us.  Same goes with the 3rd.  I understand the need to accumulate more picks, but I don't think the 1st round is the correct round to do it unless the draft board goes awry for us.

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

Trade down with Denver to 15, they get 7, you get, 51, 95, and another 3rd next year, plus Royce Freeman? 

In a heartbeat. A first, second, and two thirds? That's good return for a top player in the league, and we don't even know what the guy we'd take at 7 is going to be yet.

30 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

In a heartbeat. A first, second, and two thirds? That's good return for a top player in the league, and we don't even know what the guy we'd take at 7 is going to be yet.

You don't, "we" as in the people who make those decisions do, and have prepared for almost every possible scenario that could/would happen in front of us.

Well, the Panthers may not be doing that as we have a fool at the helm, but most teams are.

Archived