• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[Thomas Davis] Jerry Krause=Dave Gettleman

Jesse

For those unaware, the late Jerry Krause is not spoken of fondly by former player and coaches of the Chicago Bulls, where he was the general manager during the Bulls dynasty. 

I’m curious if this was specifically about the way he dealt Smith or if there were more behind the scenes. 

I mean let’s be real here, coaching and organizational structure is definitely way more important than individual players, especially in football where there are over 22 players contributing to a team on a game to game basis. There’s a way to do it without pissing the players off and clearly DG (and Krause apparently) couldn’t do that, but that doesn’t mean the players should be running the show. 

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

this is such a retarded take.  It was past time for Riverboat to hit the road

Sure it was. I wanted Ron gone as well but it just seems like Tepper is putting his nose way too deep in football decisions. The man has no clue about football. He’s a genius hedge fund billionaire, not genius football person. And, I don’t want to hear about how he was a minority owner of the Steelers. Some guys on this board know more about football than he does. Building a football team in the NFL isn’t the same as what he did to become a billionaire. 

3 minutes ago, MMA said:

Sure it was. I wanted Ron gone as well but it just seems like Tepper is putting his nose way too deep in football decisions. The man has no clue about football. He’s a genius hedge fund billionaire, not genius football person. And, I don’t want to hear about how he was a minority owner of the Steelers. Some guys on this board know more about football than he does. Building a football team in the NFL isn’t the same as what he did to become a billionaire. 

You have no idea what he knows or doesnt know about building a franchise

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You have no idea what he knows or doesnt know about building a franchise

Tepper is the type of guy that will draft who ever he likes just like Dan Snyder who traded up for RG3 and took Haskins last year. The team led by a 60mil college HC and a bunch of college ex Baylor staffs. Tepper said on All or Nothing that you need a good QB. What does he go and do? Sign Teddy Bridgewater. I bet that sooner than later, we’ll start hearing former players talk negatively about Tepper like they are with Dave Gettleman. Why do you think that Luke decided to leave? 

Archived