• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas

Jimmy

9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I hope Ian comes out and just emerges into the light much like Olsen did when he came here from the Bears. The potential could be there, but I think it's going to really depend on coaching. If he really has the skills, I think the wide open offense could play well in his favor.

Emphasis added.

So if Rhule and co. are really the great player developers we've been told they are, then Thomas should be exactly the sort of player who sees significant improvement, and if so the coaching staff should get some credit there. If holdover players like Thomas Armah etc don't seem to standout, that might be reason for skepticism towards the new staff's much touted abilities in this area.

12 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Emphasis added.

So if Rhule and co. are really the great player developers we've been told they are, then Thomas should be exactly the sort of player who sees significant improvement, and if so the coaching staff should get some credit there. If holdover players like Thomas Armah etc don't seem to standout, that might be reason for skepticism towards the new staff's much touted abilities in this area.

Armah, honestly, is someone I am more interested in seeing develop than Ian Thomas. Armah has great flexibility that wasn't being used. He, on paper, should be just the kind of player Rhule likes.

Of course, that fullback label is almost like an expiration date on a package that reads "Best by June 4, 1973" in this day and age. And that's sad. Good fullbacks can rule the day.

I guess we will see, but if TE is not prominently used in Brady's offense, I could easily see us waiting until day 3 next draft to get one.   That, or keep signing JAG vets and use that draft capitol to shore up other positions deemed more vital.   Obviously taking out the unknown about next FA, we still need LT, QB, CB, LB and IOL.  That's taking our first 5 picks, which are your immediate starters and key contributors.  If TE is an afterthought in this offense as many are thinking, then skip it and go after those other essential positions.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:40 PM, Jimmy said:

Who is an Olsen on the team that you can point to other than Thomas to fill the role?  No one is the answer. So might as well jump on board with our TE1 and hope for the best. He has potential. You're killing me with these replies and no alternative answers.

Haha!! I agree there is no Olsen on the team right now!!  I think this is a talent evaluation/scheme period if there is a season.. Thomas might be our #1 TE this year.. Rhule also said the draft was focusing on Defense.. free agency was for the offense..so may be we find a TE but who knows this year!! I am hoping these new coaches can help these young players Develop/grow!! Rivera was not good at that..He wanted Veterans 

On 4/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, The Huddler said:

@Yaboychris28 I work a full time job and OT now the money is hot. ill holla at you this weekend when im off. 

Panthers v Panthers

edit: this was my poo about two weeks after madden dropped  I got called a piece of poo loser for playing as many games as i did by that point   my playing has tapered off since then, but i can still ball  

0895888A-6EDD-4C8D-A3D5-2CB7587AF0DF.thumb.jpeg.7a1e663589304705acf68981afac6432.jpeg

Cool. I usually play MUT but here’s my online record when I play regs. Been playing Call of Duty 90% of the time but I’ll hop back on Madden and play you 

2074E5F4-1ADB-451B-ADE2-3E41292765FF.jpeg

Archived