• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Tre Boston’s role?

shaq

After drafting two talented safeties in Jermey Chinn and Kenny Robinson what is Tre’s role on the team? He’s on a three year deal, I personally see him starting one to two years before he is either cut or moved to a depth role. He is a good leader and I like the idea of his veteran presence for our young secondary. What are your guys thoughts?

Also in the future, Kenny Robinson at FS and Jermey Chinn at SS is going to be dirty. The ballhawking and athleticism between the two is unreal. I love the direction this Defense is heading.

I'm not a Boston fan and I am not real excited about seeing more of him but I can't see a rookie pushing him out this year. Maybe next year but then he would then become trade bait or backup help or just more dead cap.

Someone suggested a 3 safety set and I'm interested to see what that would look like.

Tre can lead and be a ballhawk. Robinson is a 5th rounder? Unlikely he jumps into a starters role immediately. He’ll need some work first and then ease in.

As for 3 safeties, I think it’s doable with Chinn because he can be that LB type while the other two roam.

25 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Someone suggested a 3 safety set and I'm interested to see what that would look like.

hopefully better than when the saints thought they were being geniuses with a vaunted six-safety defense

1 hour ago, shaq said:

in two years I see us being a top ten defense minimum with the potential to be even higher.

We were a top ten defense three times in the last 9-10 years with a lot of proven talented players. Never once was it back to back seasons in the top 10. It’s not an easy ask to think we are going to be consistently top ten. 

Chinn will be a star. Kenny will is a JAG and won’t be here in 3 years. Tre is a stop gap player helping this team succeed in the Tank for Trevor. We need Jacoby Stevens next year to go along with Chinn.

Archived