• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton "Nobody Called Me....They Sent a Text"

PantherBoy95

I may be an oddity but I want both Cam and Teddy to do well.   Obviously, I'm a fan of Carolina Panthers so rooting for them to do well and win with Teddy as our QB.  However, I also will always have fond memories of Cam and want him to resurrect his career and do well with the Patriots (when not playing Panthers).  However, if Panthers really struggle this year (especially on offense), and Cam has a great season with NE, what do you think the blowback will be against Tepper or Rhule?

and aggielean before you tell me i'm revving up my f150, you know who else i'd had enough of - luke.  throwing his hands out in disgust after every play, acting like a baby on the field - he completely wore me out too. glad they're both not playing for us any more.   thanks a lot ron.   you did this

8 minutes ago, raz said:

and aggielean before you tell me i'm revving up my f150, you know who else i'd had enough of - luke.  throwing his hands out in disgust after every play, acting like a baby on the field - he completely wore me out too. glad they're both not playing for us any more.   thanks a lot ron.   you did this

Lol. Why do you blame him for throwing up his hands in disgust? Do you want players that just accept losing and being subpar?

9 minutes ago, raz said:

Seems like you’re fragile and shouldn’t be watching football or any sport for that matter. You’re trying to police emotion for a game that’s emotional. The panthers have pretty much always had guys that you’d consider “divas”. 
Steve Smith was going bonkers over any catch he made, but that’s ok because it’s what he needed to do to become the great player that he was.

Raz, I’m sure these last few years have been great for you. Not much emotion shown by any Carolina Panther, but there’s also been a lot of losing.

I can imagine your emotionless game of football comes with us losing a lot.

Players talk pure shxt to each other throughout the entire game, but now “stunting” is going too far? Lol when a CB makes a stop, 9 out of 10 CB’s are going to let you know he’s stopped you. A lot of y’all never played organized ball it seems. 

10 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Jake was loved by Richardson and the whole staff. He was also.let go by these same people  Cam's best years were with Gettleman and Richardson. Both long gone. Tepper had no loyalty to Cam and all he saw was a constant injury issue and 6 wins in 2 years and 40 million dollars already wasted and another 21 million for this year with no guarantee he will make it through the year. And Hurney is not the main force anymore. Rhule went with Bridgewater which was Brady's decision when he actually became available and Tom Brady went to Tampa which was Bridgewater's rumored likely suitor before that.  I think it was a football decision and not personal.  Was it just me who thought that the relationship between the Panthers and Cam had cooled down quite a bit last year.

Jake Delhomme was a bad QB and got a Cinderella send off. Cam is one of the best players we’ve ever had. Tepper should have catered to the fans and given Cam a classy send off. The team existed before Tepper bought them. It a horrible look.

6 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Jake Delhomme was a bad QB and got a Cinderella send off. Cam is one of the best players we’ve ever had. Tepper should have catered to the fans and given Cam a classy send off. The team existed before Tepper bought them. It a horrible look.

Jake Delhomme was not a bad QB. 

You would think a team with a conceptually long window till winning would try harder to not piss off players and fans. No wonder they needed 5 years, no one involved has any idea how to do their job well at this point.

This is amateur hour that's looking like years might be a sad reality.

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Raz, I’m sure these last few years have been great for you. Not much emotion shown by any Carolina Panther, but there’s also been a lot of losing.

I can imagine your emotionless game of football comes with us losing a lot.

Players talk pure shxt to each other throughout the entire game, but now “stunting” is going too far? Lol when a CB makes a stop, 9 out of 10 CB’s are going to let you know he’s stopped you. A lot of y’all never played organized ball it seems. 

us sucking has not been great.   a continued winning tradition is what i would like my favorite team to have.  instead i'm stuck with a sb appearance every 12 years and a bunch of mediocrity.   what we've been doing is not working.  i'm glad we're trying something different.  thats about as far as it goes with me.

33 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

No need to trash Jake to make your point about Cam. You're right about Cam. You're wrong about Jake.

11 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Who are these other athletes that have this mindset? Which other athletes aren’t real? I’d love to know this 

Let me Google that for you.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1515838-20-athletes-who-think-theyre-better-than-they-really-are.amp.html

If you don't think most professional athletes don't have an overinflated ego from being treated like stud racehorses their whole life, I don't know what to tell you.  

2 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Let me Google that for you.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1515838-20-athletes-who-think-theyre-better-than-they-really-are.amp.html

If you don't think most professional athletes don't have an overinflated ego from being treated like stud racehorses their whole life, I don't know what to tell you.  

a few busts, some jags, and some stars on that list, and everyone of those guys “inflated egos” played a huge part in them getting to where they got. Why does it hurt you and others to see others shine? Lol, fragile. 

I see what this is about; though. Regular Joe doesn’t get the attention he thinks he deserves, and is mad at athletes and celebrities that make more and get more attention. They put in the work to get where they are, believed in themselves, and the demand from us regular joes helped get them where they are.

Lol, Chris Bosh is on that list. A star player while in Toronto, and decided to play more of a role in Miami. That list from bleachers report(lol) got a lot wrong.

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

a few busts, some jags, and some stars on that list, and everyone of those guys “inflated egos” played a huge part in them getting to where they got. Why does it hurt you and others to see others shine? Lol, fragile. 

I see what this is about; though. Regular Joe doesn’t get the attention he thinks he deserves, and is mad at athletes and celebrities that make more and get more attention. They put in the work to get where they are, believed in themselves, and the demand from us regular joes helped get them where they are.

Lol, Chris Bosh is on that list. A star player while in Toronto, and decided to play more of a role in Miami. That list from bleachers report(lol) got a lot wrong.

Ol' buddy thought he had something with that list LOL.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I'm not sure why you're trying to personally attack me.  There's countless athletes that fall victim to their own ego.  I also find it laughable that you have pigeonholed me as some NPC in your video game.

Archived