• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little (Now Off) PUP

mrcompletely11

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, right now for sure Paradise looks like an awful FA signing. We'll see if he looks better this season or not. I definitely don't think we signed him expecting him to be a turnstile last season. That's absurd. We signed him to be plug and play. 

Exactly. And I thought he played better the last month. Wasn’t a high bar, but it was improvement. I wanted to sign him but when he wasn’t practicing it was a huge red flag. 

Here is the interesting story about our OL--look past this year:

1. LT contract expires--likely gone.

2. C Paradis:  His contract will not be worth it.  He is likely gone after 2020.

3. RT Moton: Contract expires.  Re-signing him will be expensive.

4. RG Miller:  Contract expires.

5. LG Schofield Contract expires.

6. G/C Reed Contract expires.

It is possible that the entire OL will be playing their final season in Carolina--I think Moton gets re-signed and Paradis (if he has a good year) gets 2021 reworked.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

They paid 27 million over 3 years which is not unreasonable for arguably the best center available in free agency. It wasn't that Hurney didn't think he would play in 2019, simply that it was unlikely he would be back to top form by the beginning of the season and hoped he would improve over time with chemistry and time to fully recover.  Given the constant injuries on the line as well as at QB, it is hard to blame any one player for a crappy performance but Paradis was clearly weak in the middle. If he plays well this season it won't have been a bad deal and was worth the risk. If he sucks again then it was a bad move.

18.5M over 2 seasons, one of which he was absolutely horrible, the next is coming upon us soon.

If he's not great, and I mean great, it's a terrible signing.

Psssst....it will be a terrible signing, for a rebuilding team, that needs comp picks, and cap room, and passed up multiple IOL guys in the draft last year.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Of course he is responsible.  He traded up to get him and lets not forget he was getting dominated before the concussions hit.

He is a complete bust, period. 

It makes no sense to hold the GM responsible for a player injuries. Most people in here just go along with the flow. Has Hurney had some bad/ poor draft picks, yes but show me a GM that hasn't.

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Otah at least had 1 dominating season.

Yeah Otah was actually a great player. Can’t blame anyone for him not succeeding, just terrible injury luck. I wished we could’ve seen Cam early on with Gross and Otah at tackle. 

Archived