• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say something nice about the Panthers thread.

Snake

4 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I would say that you are betting heavily on the wild card unpredictable nature of this season because of the effects of Covid. IMO making the playoffs with this roster and brand new coaching staff would be a laughable notion in a normal year. In the coronaverse, it's just inside of plausible if still improbable.

Barring injuries, we are the 4th best team in our division.

I don't see how on Earth this team could make it, unless Covid really has put these guys at MAJOR disadvantages...and I'm not buying that.

We play 16 games, we won't be making the playoffs.

Would love to be wrong.

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I would say that you are betting heavily on the wild card unpredictable nature of this season because of the effects of Covid. IMO making the playoffs with this roster and brand new coaching staff would be a laughable notion in a normal year. In the coronaverse, it's just inside of plausible if still improbable.

Agreed. In a normal scenario our situation would be extremely unlikely to lead to a playoff spot. However, the coronaverse elements do add an extra level of mayhem that make that less unlikely. I'd say still highly unlikely but definitely not impossible.

What if the rona runs wild and they start having to shorten the season? What if some big names start opting out(Brees maybe)? What if big time players get infected, they have to sit out for two weeks and we catch those teams during those games? Lots of opportunity for complete craziness.

22 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

What if the rona runs wild and they start having to shorten the season? What if some big names start opting out(Brees maybe)? What if big time players get infected, they have to sit out for two weeks and we catch those teams during those games? Lots of opportunity for complete craziness.

i can see it now, saints call their good friends over at the local catholic dioceses -payton asks: uh, drew brees has corona what do you think we should do?  catholic dioceses: have you ever considered not telling anyone?

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Mister is more of a troll than a super homer. I think that accounts for most of the super homers anymore, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Now these are the hardcore super-homer takes I miss from the old days of the huddle

4ad714f1bb9e3b2a98de88316f0a4a1f.jpg.1ee777d836546ac81a67930e29655597.jpg

The Panthers are 1 year away from being Playoff contenders

On 8/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, Wolfcop said:

I came to say our colors are the best in the NFL. That and the young core of talent that we have to build on is impressive. What Jeremy is saying is, we have more talent on offense than we had in 2015. #5 will obviously never be #1 but the offense as a whole has the potential to be on par with the best we have seen. I don't think that happens in 2020, but in a year or 2 it certainly could happen. 

FYI, don't forget the OL. If and when we get back to the 2015 OL talent, then we'll have a great offense again. As to my positive, CMC was ridiculous last year as bad as the OL was. Some of the highlights showing how good he was at creating holes when the OL did nothing for him were really cool to watch. It might be blaspheme, but those highlights reminded me of Barry Sanders being able to make something out of nothing. CMC has been an amazing player and I'm really glad we extended him. I am still holding out hope we'll have a young franchise QB who will lean on him for many playoff runs.

Archived