• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone believe we are tanking purposely?

jb2288

It’s been 2 games and it’s painfully clear Cam is better than Teddy. I don’t care if Cam throws 2 picks tonight, Teddy has the best RB in the game and 2 legit WRs. Cam is better. Could it be possible this was the plan from the start between Hurney, Tepper, and Rhule? I mean drafting all defense is (I believe) a great move for the future but clearly not a win now mentality. If we wanted to be competitive this year we take 2 OL after D. Brown. It just seems logical the plan this entire year was get young on D, get Trevor, then go hard OL after that. 

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

I mean it’s a message board. Wanted to get others opinion on it, so made a post. 

It's just an insult to the team to suggest we're purposely tanking when it's obvious the guys are trying as hard as they can to win games.  We have so many new faces and not a lot of practice.  If anything, I'd say the team is performing above expectations thus far.

I think tank is the wrong word but I do think they are taking things very slowly and are having patience to gradually build the team up like Rhule did at both colleges he coached. Tepper has pretty much alluded to that too when he keeps talking about how it could be a 3-5 year process. Despite what the team says I don’t think they truly believe deep down that we ever had a chance to compete this year.

No. We just suck. Other NFL teams are paid to try and win too. We’re just the worst at it. 

But in all seriousness. We’re not purposefully tanking, but we’re also not making roster moves that we potentially could make if we were a team on the verge of a playoff push. Instead we’re content with who we have, even though we all know it will not be good enough for anything above 3-4 wins tops. 

2 legit wrs? What about oline? What about defense? You know all those things cam fanboys said hindered cam. TB doesn’t have those and I wouldn’t call our wrs legit. Great offenses always have a great oline. Always.  

You don’t just draft olineman and your problems are solved, I don’t think you understand the concept of team building.

TB isn’t the future but it’s not surprising all these issues suddenly disappeared for the next QB after cam lol

25 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

It’s been 2 games and it’s painfully clear Cam is better than Teddy. I don’t care if Cam throws 2 picks tonight, Teddy has the best RB in the game and 2 legit WRs. Cam is better. Could it be possible this was the plan from the start between Hurney, Tepper, and Rhule? I mean drafting all defense is (I believe) a great move for the future but clearly not a win now mentality. If we wanted to be competitive this year we take 2 OL after D. Brown. It just seems logical the plan this entire year was get young on D, get Trevor, then go hard OL after that. 

Dude, we have the most dead money in the NFL and the least talent on defense in the NFL. What do you expect.

Archived