• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg little and offensive line?

rmoneyg35

Unfortunately I missed the game and had to sleep because of my job so all I know is based off of what I’ve seen on bleacher report and here.

so from what I can tell our offensive line did great. Greg little made a big block that made it to the highlight reel. I don’t know how many snaps he played but for our offensive line to give up no sacks, allow our QB to throw over 10 yards a pass and our RBs to average Nearly 6 yards a carry and run for over 150 yards then I have to say they did good.

I assume Arizona’s defensive line was healthy?

The line as a whole played great.  Little held his own.  Paradis went out for a little while (later returned) and Larsen filled in well.  John Miller really looks good when pulling and blocking downfield.  

I think I read somewhere that the Cardinals had 7 sacks the last two games.  Holding them to zero, while staring to backups (3 at times) is a huge win.  

I thought they looked good overall. Little got beat a few times, but he wasn't a liability overall.

I think part of the reason was because of game planning though. We had a lot of plays mixed in to get the ball out quickly and frustrate the defensive front. 

I think Rhule is on to something by swapping Scott in for Little. The game is probably still fast for Little (missed most of his rookie season with concussion issues), and pulling him while coaching him on the sideline between series helps slow it down. I think we have something special in our staff. Hopefully no other teams start plucking coordinators away from us... (looking at you Bills).

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Rhule is on to something by swapping Scott in for Little. The game is probably still fast for Little (missed most of his rookie season with concussion issues), and pulling him while coaching him on the sideline between series helps slow it down. I think we have something special in our staff. Hopefully no other teams start plucking coordinators away from us... (looking at you Bills).

Speaking of the Bills, they look legit this year.  Josh Allen is taking the next step and then some, which is scary when you give him Diggs to work with and add it to that defense.

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Speaking of the Bills, they look legit this year.  Josh Allen is taking the next step and then some, which is scary when you give him Diggs to work with and add it to that defense.

They have six or seven former panthers playing big roles on their defense, and that is taking the into account the Star opt out, I'm still salty we didn't resign Butler... 

7 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

They have six or seven former panthers playing big roles on their defense, and that is taking the into account the Star opt out, I'm still salty we didn't resign Butler... 

eh... Butler's contract with Buffalo for 2 years is 7.5 per. Seems a bit steep for a guy who underperformed his entire rookie deal as a first rounder til contract year. If we could have kept him for about say 5, I might have been down with that, but as it is, I suspect chances are good he'll be a guy who only gives you anything close to worth it during contract years.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why Beane only gave him 2 years...

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

From what I remember Little had that FANTASTIC play where he sent a DB to the shadow realm on a screen.

Then the very next play got beat like a drum and Teddy took a decent hit.

Such is life.

I mean he's basically a rookie after the injuries last year. I was about done with him til yesterday, but now I'm willing to at least see if he can develop. This coaching staff doing the rotating thing and teaching him on the spot on the sidelines between series is genius. On the spot immediate instruction is the most effective kind, and at least based on yesterday it seems to be working.

Archived