• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do We Still Hate Hurney?

chknwing

26 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Why would you guys want to change anything after this off season? If they bring in a cap guy to help Hurney it will cover up his biggest weakness. How many good players did we get this off season? I bet it's one of the best if not the best output and most production from any team in the league from New players. 

Using that logic, why draft anybody or sign free agents because the team we have is doing okay?

The answer? Because we can be better.

That's the answer to the Marty question too.

Looks like overpaid for Shaq, but the Okung trade seems better now. I’m ok with letting Bradberry walk. Anderson contract looks good.... if he can extend Moton to a reasonable contract that would definitely help my opinion. I think he is just average right now (especially since he isn’t making the draft picks by himself anymore), nothing special or really terrible.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Using that logic, why draft anybody or sign free agents because the team we have is doing okay?

The answer? Because we can be better.

That's the answer to the Marty question too.

I do agree to always get better when you can and if you can find a Gm you absolutely know will do better go for it. Odds just say you are more likely to get a worse gm and you can't sub a gm back in like you can a player. Hurneys not the best and not the worst either, his ability to land first round picks is nice. Having Tepper money really does help though tbh and if Marty's role is so diminished to where he is only scouting I say let things stay like they are. If we have another draft like this last one, don't fix something that isnt broken as long as we find someone to do contracts. 

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Meh coin toss there tbh as mediocre---bad as Shaq is imagine having Whitehead in on more snaps.

Shaq is one of the top tacklers every game, I don't understand the hate for him. He is ant outside linebacker and not as good as Luke obviously but he is still a hell of a LB. Just don't expect Luke or even prime Davis level performance as they were unreal. 

4 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Shaq is one of the top tacklers every game, I don't understand the hate for him. He is ant outside linebacker and not as good as Luke obviously but he is still a hell of a LB. Just don't expect Luke or even prime Davis level performance as they were unreal. 

It's not hate dude just high standards because we have been spoiled with Morgan/Weatherspoon/Davis/Beason/Kuechly over the years.... heck I'd say Draft and Anderson were better than Shaq too...  That and he is being outplayed by our rookie converted safety....

11 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I do agree to always get better when you can and if you can find a Gm you absolutely know will do better go for it. Odds just say you are more likely to get a worse gm and you can't sub a gm back in like you can a player. Hurneys not the best and not the worst either, his ability to land first round picks is nice. Having Tepper money really does help though tbh and if Marty's role is so diminished to where he is only scouting I say let things stay like they are. If we have another draft like this last one, don't fix something that isnt broken as long as we find someone to do contracts. 

Didn't you spend last season arguing that we shouldn't get rid of Ron Rivera because we might get a worse coach?

How's that working out?

Archived