• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

Luke and Cam....one is going to be in the HOF the other should have been an easy lock for the HOF but had god damn Rivera, Hurney, Shula, Richardson.....god damn them.

Cams shoulder is fuged and it's b/c of those fools listed above.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Belichick didn't get Cam until after he'd been struggling for years with injuries. One of the very minor inconveniences of having an elite QB who can make all the throws and make plays with his legs is that occasionally he's going to take some bad sacks that he shouldn't. But, he's also going to make a ton of plays in those situations that other QBs simply aren't capable of making. Just look at guys like Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, etc for other examples.

We seen all offseason Cam tell us how healthy he was and how in shape he was. 

injuries is no excuse, Big Ben gets hurt all the time and plays hurt, so so many other players. Each QB has had seasons with bad offenses, maybe Big Ben is the only one who never had a bad offense but Russell Wilson constantly had a bad offensive line, Aaron Rodgers had bad offenses throughout his career. A good QB can overcome that.

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Luke and Cam....one is going to be in the HOF the other should have been an easy lock for the HOF but had god damn Rivera, Hurney, Shula, Richardson.....god damn them.

Cams shoulder is fuged and it's b/c of those fools listed above.

It will forever piss me off that Richardson thought having a Shula on staff was such a big deal.

7 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

We seen all offseason Cam tell us how healthy he was and how in shape he was. 

injuries is no excuse, Big Ben gets hurt all the time and plays hurt, so so many other players. Each QB has had seasons with bad offenses, maybe Big Ben is the only one who never had a bad offense but Russell Wilson constantly had a bad offensive line, Aaron Rodgers had bad offenses throughout his career. A good QB can overcome that.

Not every injury is the same in terms of it's lasting impact. But you're just on an agenda here so I'm not going to bother.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not every injury is the same in terms of it's lasting impact. But you're just on an agenda here so I'm not going to bother.

I don’t have an agenda, I honestly could care less about cam, I’m just bored and stating my opinion.

cam has been healthy this year as far as I know and has a decent offensive line. 

Yes you could argue he sucks because he didn’t have time to learn the system which could be true but I am pretty sure that coach Belichick is smart enough to plan around that and make the playbook simple enough for cam to work with.

Cam is putting up the exact same numbers that he was in Carolina. Lots of sub 200 yard passing games with some runs and a interception or more. He’s always been inconsistent his entire career. Even his MVP season was very inconsistent, just look at the game log if you don’t believe me.

I mean ... come on. Cam was a freak of nature. A once in a decade machine. No one could stop him at the start of his career. No one. He could throw, run, juke, and he scared defenders. But he was never cerebral. He was a burst of life, color, and energy. But he was never elite. And the Panthers record shows it. He had 2015 ... and that's it. Everything else was what you'd expect from a great QB ... which is what he'll be remembered as. But coaches caught on to him, he got older, and then he got hurt. We saw it with Vick too. Both men had a window, and couldn't climb through.

Cam can still get wins, sure. But the record-setting freak (yes, I know he just got one) days are LONG gone. The run over you days are over too. His arm is bruised and  it's old. It's over, guys. I know all of you want 2015 Cam again, but that was ONE season! I know all of you want the insane rookie Cam was, but that era is older than some of your own children. As a lifelong Auburn fan, I loved how he played the game. It was unique. But it can't survive in the NFL. That's just facts. Too many have failed, and the ones that have made it (hi, Mahomes) are ... cerebral. I may have hated the person Cam portrayed himself to be, but I was a Panthers fan always. So I hope he doesn't fizzle out and crash, but ... he missed his window.

4 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I, Aceboogie, the last member of the Cam Newton bandwagon reluctantly exit the wagon today. He’s done and we ruined him. Kudos to the Panthers for getting it right and not compounding the issue. He could have been one of the greats but ran into Marty, Ron, and Dave. The three men who did what many defenses couldn’t. 

I now have a lot more optimism for this franchise going forward. Even with the loss today, our outlook is good and it started with moving on from Cam. 

Respect for this post man. It took me a while to come to terms with what happened to Cam but I'm glad I accepted it before we moved on from him -- it made it easier when we did ultimately release him. This has been several years coming and is just such a brutally unfortunate end to such an amazing career. I love Cam, always have. I defended him as much as anyone, especially to local Pats fans here in Boston who trashed him all the time (ironic since those same scumbags were predicting SB after week 2 this year...). But the writing was ultimately on the wall these last few injury riddled years unfortunately. Even when Cam was healthy and playing well (early 2018), it never seemed like it would last and he hadn't seemed like the same player as 2015 at all. We got glimpses (like in the 2017 Aints playoff game) at times, but it never seemed truly real or that it would happen consistently. Such an absolute shame that this organization couldn't get it done with prime Cam and Luke here, among other greats like TD, Olsen, etc. Glad that we at least seem to be moving in the right direction with Rhule (hope Hurney is gone soon), so I'm cautiously optimistic, but we still have a ways to go to come near the excitement levels that prime Cam brought us.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Painful as it was, reluctantly is was the right call. It sucks that we wasted most of his career with rosters not able to compete and all of his career with an inept staff and ran him into the ground prematurely.

I look forward to the day when he's welcomed back and put in the ring of honor where he deserves to be. I would not at all be opposed to retiring #1 at the same time. You only have one first ever franchise MVP.

#1 and #59 should 100% be retired. #89 as well.

Archived