• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

I, Aceboogie, the last member of the Cam Newton bandwagon reluctantly exit the wagon today. He’s done and we ruined him. Kudos to the Panthers for getting it right and not compounding the issue. He could have been one of the greats but ran into Marty, Ron, and Dave. The three men who did what many defenses couldn’t. 

I now have a lot more optimism for this franchise going forward. Even with the loss today, our outlook is good and it started with moving on from Cam. 

Painful as it was, reluctantly is was the right call. It sucks that we wasted most of his career with rosters not able to compete and all of his career with an inept staff and ran him into the ground prematurely.

I look forward to the day when he's welcomed back and put in the ring of honor where he deserves to be. I would not at all be opposed to retiring #1 at the same time. You only have one first ever franchise MVP.

Shame we gave him and Luke what we did.  This is honestly the first time since early-Fox that I genuinely feel we have the right staff in place.  And those are the only two times.   Was too young to properly judge Dom, Seifert was a waste, Ron was an amazing guy, but I'm sorry, a waste. 

Had such a piss poor coaching staff for years & no OL.  2015 was great and all but we wasted something special.

Never thought I'd see Cam get benched for Stidham, but when you look at his passing yardage, his INT to TD ratio and his 39 and some change QBR rating today, it was bound to happen. 

I don't think it's people being right about Cam for the right reasons, so much as the real reason he is struggling, which was arguably his biggest problem here--jother than the obvious lack of surrounding talent---which is iffy decision making!

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Painful as it was, reluctantly is was the right call. It sucks that we wasted most of his career with rosters not able to compete and all of his career with an inept staff and ran him into the ground prematurely.

I look forward to the day when he's welcomed back and put in the ring of honor where he deserves to be. I would not at all be opposed to retiring #1 at the same time. You only have one first ever franchise MVP.

Would be a happy day

1 minute ago, saX man said:

Shame we gave him and Luke what we did.  This is honestly the first time since early-Fox that I genuinely feel we have the right staff in place.  And those are the only two times.   Was too young to properly judge Dom, Seifert was a waste, Ron was an amazing guy, but I'm sorry, a waste. 

Had such a piss poor coaching staff for years & no OL.  2015 was great and all but we wasted something special.

We had the best offensive and best defensive player in the league and... man, fug.

Archived