• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Position Watch (Week 8 edition)

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Other than the fumble, Clemson's offense didn't lose a step with Lawrence out.  Their defense appeared lost though, until the second half.  

I saw some comparisons between Uiagalelei and Cam.  They have similar size and arm strength.  Don't know how valid the comparisons are past that though.  

Got a distinct Cam vibe from him too, it's the sheer size and stature for me. 

Also, this kid is going in the top ten, NFL teams eat this poo up. 

On 10/30/2020 at 5:18 PM, saX man said:

We've got KC, GB, NO, & TB left on plate (That's 4)

We can win all of the others...so let's say we only lose one of them (Lions), we're looking at 6-10 at best.

So I'd estimate we finish 5-11 and around the 5th-7th pick. 

Makes a trade up for Fields much more digestible and puts us in clear range of Lance & Wilson.

Why in the hell would you try another QB with this oline?

Unless the plan is the Panthers are really set  on a guy and the plan is to sit him for at least next year.

Probably time the Panthers learn something from Luck and Cam and now what we’re seeing from TB. It would really be foolish to put a rookie QB behind a historic, atrocious oline.

And at that point the biggest problem imo isn’t even the plan, it’s more of who is going to fix it? Because Hurney doesn’t know how. Rhule? Brady? 

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Why in the hell would you try another QB with this oline?

Unless the plan is the Panthers are really set  on a guy and the plan is to sit him for at least next year.

Probably time the Panthers learn something from Luck and Cam and now what we’re seeing from TB. It would really be foolish to put a rookie QB behind a historic, atrocious oline.

And at that point the biggest problem imo isn’t even the plan, it’s more of who is going to fix it? Because Hurney doesn’t know how. Rhule? Brady? 

You can build a line as well. There’s the rest of the draft and free agency. If you identified a QB you believe in, then do what you need to get him. This coming draft is more than just Lawrence.

16 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Other than the fumble, Clemson's offense didn't lose a step with Lawrence out.  Their defense appeared lost though, until the second half.  

I saw some comparisons between Uiagalelei and Cam.  They have similar size and arm strength.  Don't know how valid the comparisons are past that though.  

Meh. I don’t like that comparison at all. He was solid but didn’t do anything to impress me. 

On 10/30/2020 at 1:50 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

At least the Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers, and possibly Cowboys definitely won't be looking at QB in round 1. 

Dolphins have been very trade happy with picks under this current regime. I could absolutely see them trading down from the Texans pick to a team wanting a QB, and that could very well be us. 

Archived