• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Got to see some of this game and a little bit of Trask.

Looked pretty good. Did see one or two passes that probably wouldn't have been good in the NFL but overall liked what I saw.

Today he did a great job of moving around the pocket. Something I was hoping he would get better at. Good to see it. 

Not going to pretend to know much about Trask after only watching a handful of plays, but I've heard him be called a statue..  Is this true orrr?  If yes, halfway out on him. Just think the way the NFL is changing, you need a QB who's at least a little bit of a threat to run or escape the pocket. Not saying the QB needs 4.5 speed or to be Kyler Murray, but QBs who run 5.0 40s scare me a bit in today's league. 

29 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Not going to pretend to know much about Trask after only watching a handful of plays, but I've heard him be called a statue..  Is this true orrr?  If yes, halfway out on him. Just think the way the NFL is changing, you need a QB who's at least a little bit of a threat to run or escape the pocket. Not saying the QB needs 4.5 speed or to be Kyler Murray, but QBs who run 5.0 40s scare me a bit in today's league. 

He’s going to be closer to 5.0 than 4.5. He can absolutely move around the pocket as he did today and he can run a little once he gets going. But it’s not something he is trying to do. 

Trask's status as the Heisman favorite likely held steady, unless Clemson's Trevor Lawrence or Alabama's Mac Jones turns in a particularly heroic effort on Saturday night. With four more passing touchdowns, Trask is up to 38 against just three interceptions for the season. The diversity of his distribution was particularly impressive against Tennessee as he hit nine different receivers and connected with three players for touchdowns. That's been the case all season for Trask.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-vs-tennessee-score-takeaways-no-6-gators-win-sec-east-kyle-trask-throws-four-tds-to-beat-vols/live/

Elite passer.

Trask has made a big leap from last year. Went front backup to starter to heisman favorite. Shows that he is coachable and puts in the time in practice/game film. Similar situation that Baker Mayfield was in at OU (except we was I walk on I think). If he looks decent and the combine/interviews I think I could get on board with us drafting him.

20 hours ago, Varking said:

Florida started scoring when we stopped running the ball. Trask is 21-28 for 251 and 2 TDs at halftime. If he gets two more touchdowns he’ll likely stay in the heisman lead. 

You are sage.

Correct. He keeps doing it.

I love my Panthers, Cam included, but some of what Cam did limited what others could contribute, hero ball.

Brady and Brees spread the effort more like Trask. Trask is an elite level passer using his entire team to get the win.

Who has more Superbowls? Brady or Cam?

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

You are sage.

Correct. He keeps doing it.

I love my Panthers, Cam included, but some of what Cam did limited what others could contribute, hero ball.

Brady and Brees spread the effort more like Trask. Trask is an elite level passer using his entire team to get the win.

Who has more Superbowls? Brady or Cam?

Our offensive philosophy with Cam was for him to play hero ball. He was always our best option. I wish we could've seen him in his prime playing with our current receivers.

Archived