• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the cost to move up to take Lawrence?

DaveThePanther2008

Lawrence is a tremendous prospect. Virtually perfect on paper.

I just can't get on board with giving up THAT much for any one prospect. There's no such thing as a sure thing and then there's always the risk of injury even if a guy does work out. If you make that trade and it doesn't workout you're back to square 1 of the rebuild because it'll get Rhule fired. You're putting all of your eggs in that one basket.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lawrence is a tremendous prospect. Virtually perfect on paper.

I just can't get on board with giving up THAT much for any one prospect. There's no such thing as a sure thing and then there's always the risk of injury even if a guy does work out. If you make that trade and it doesn't workout you're back to square 1 of the rebuild because it'll get Rhule fired. You're putting all of your eggs in that one basket.

Lawrence could be amazing and end up like Burrow with a shredded knee. I'm not saying Burrows career is done, but could you image giving up 3 years of 1st - 3rd picks and he's done after 1 season? The franchise would take 5 years or longer to recover. It's too much to risk on a guy who's career could be over in 1 bad hit. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Lawrence could be amazing and end up like Burrow with a shredded knee. I'm not saying Burrows career is done, but could you image giving up 3 years of 1st - 3rd picks and he's done after 1 season? The franchise would take 5 years or longer to recover. It's too much to risk on a guy who's career could be over in 1 bad hit. 

Exactly. You just can't give up that much for one prospect. Way too much risk.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Exactly. You just can't give up that much for one prospect. Way too much risk.

^ this :100_Emoji_42x42:. The only way I’d think of trading a king’s ransom for Lawrence is if our roster was already somewhat stacked. As it is, we still have too many critical holes to fill. And if Moton walks, as has been rumored, the entire OL will need to be overhauled. Not an ideal situation for a franchise QB.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you make that trade and it doesn't workout you're back to square 1 of the rebuild because it'll get Rhule fired.

Not quite. More accurately you are back to square -3. Not only does it get Rhule fired, it leaves you with no picks of consequence for the following 2 years. That almost forces you to trade your best talent for draft picks who may or may not work and suddenly you find your self in a Jets hole that is impossible to climb out of for years to come.

Luck retires cause of poor OL, David Carr was ruined, Joe Burrow just got a extreme knee injury......

Panthers need 9 OLmen for 2021.

Big Brains on teh Huddle- Draft a QB at all cost!!!!1!11!!!!

Meanwhile Ive been preaching for Sewell for months over the QBs. 

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

Luck retires cause of poor OL, David Carr was ruined, Joe Burrow just got a extreme knee injury......

I think the problem lies with the only true QBs will be picked between 1 and 4.  We aren't going to get either one of them unless something drastically changes after the combine.

As far as the QB goes the focus should be on draft picks in the later round (2 or 3).

I also believe the direction of this team in the draft will be based on what we do in free agency.  Tepper said that Carolina would be aggressive in the market.  So far I don't think we have but maybe this off-season we will. 

22 hours ago, Basbear said:

Sewell would be great, but that isn't happening. Cincinnati has 3 wins, the Panthers have 4. Burrow is out and the Bengals Will not win without him. The Panthers probably win 2 more games. Cindy will take Sewell to protect Burrow in the future

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Sewell would be great, but that isn't happening. Cincinnati has 3 wins, the Panthers have 4. Burrow is out and the Bengals Will not win without him. The Panthers probably win 2 more games. Cindy will take Sewell to protect Burrow in the future

Yep unless one of those blackmail vids hits the web before the draft, its possible given Oregons new drug laws too!! Jokes asides Sewell is a pure dream for me. Honestly I just want the panthers to have a SOMEWHAT decent OL, before they go spending a top five pick on a QB. Odds would be high given recent history will repeat itself with him getting Carr/Burrow/Luck'd.. Sitting him while the team finds/fixes the OL, kills the value of drafting him in the top five. It could set the panthers back 5 full years if that happens. But Im the crazy one.... for thinking this way. 

A top five QB pick even if hes great, will not solve them needing a entire OL, TEs, LBs, CBs, etc. Panthers simply have far too many holes on this roster. If you sit him until you fill the holes, he may never take a Panther snap. 

Archived