• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want the Panthers to win any more games?

hepcat

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Huh? The Dolphins are 8-4, probably in the playoffs, have their QB of the future and have Houston’s 1st and 2nd round picks this year as well. They are in a heck of a position for the future by making those trades. Honestly, they are now in a far better position than us and they absolutely did the tank but unfortunately played the Jets and Cincinnati last year. It still worked. We’ll probably finish 5-11 too except we got no additional draft capital (even threw away a potential 3rd and 5th) and spent $60M in cap space this year.

How come no one wants to talk about the Browns anymore?

It’s baffling that anyone can look at the Dolphins and try to act like they aren’t having enormous success from one year of rebuilding/tanking or whatever. 

The only thing I know I don't want is a lifeless team getting steamrolled every week like the 2019 Panthers for the final half of the season (or this years Jets). Draft picks are crapshoots. At this point we're not in line to get any of the 3 or 4 surefire talents. Would it suck to win out, miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker and pick 18th? Yeah of course. Am I going to curse the gods if we win 1 more game and drop from 6th to 9th? Nah. I want a competitive team that gives me hope for the future, win or lose. That means more to me than a couple spots in the draft order.

1 hour ago, Peon Awesome said:

The only thing I know I don't want is a lifeless team getting steamrolled every week like the 2019 Panthers for the final half of the season (or this years Jets). Draft picks are crapshoots. At this point we're not in line to get any of the 3 or 4 surefire talents. Would it suck to win out, miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker and pick 18th? Yeah of course. Am I going to curse the gods if we win 1 more game and drop from 6th to 9th? Nah. I want a competitive team that gives me hope for the future, win or lose. That means more to me than a couple spots in the draft order.

See this is dangerous to me. Not saying Lance or Wilson will be a franchise guy, but if you believe one or both is and you want him, you're getting one for sure at 6. Possibly can't get either at 9. Winning one game and missing out on both? I'd be furious... Imagine if 3 years from now both are ballers and if we didn't win a meaningless week 16 game he'd be a Panther

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

It’s baffling that anyone can look at the Dolphins and try to act like they aren’t having enormous success from one year of rebuilding/tanking or whatever. 

And they’ve got 4 picks in the 1st and 2nd with Houston’s pick which will likely be top 10 in both rounds. That’s 4 good to great players if they draft well. We should be so lucky.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Doesn't matter now.  We screwed up the rebuild anyway, may as well take an extra year or two more at this point.

I dont understand why nobody paid any attention to Rhules introductory press conference when he and Tepper both said it would be a 5 year rebuild process. How could we expect it to be done in 1 year. Especially a year so limited by covid with barely an off-season for an entire team to learn a new system

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Huh? The Dolphins are 8-4, probably in the playoffs, have their QB of the future and have Houston’s 1st and 2nd round picks this year as well. They are in a heck of a position for the future by making those trades. Honestly, they are now in a far better position than us and they absolutely did the tank but unfortunately played the Jets and Cincinnati last year. It still worked. We’ll probably finish 5-11 too except we got no additional draft capital (even threw away a potential 3rd and 5th) and spent $60M in cap space this year.

How come no one wants to talk about the Browns anymore?

LOL yeah let's talk about the Browns....all we have to do is tank for roughly 70 years and then we might experience some sustainable success!!!

Tua absolutely looks like the worse quarterback between him and Herbert so far.  Man, if only they tanked a little less hard, they might've wound up with him instead :(

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really don't understand why people make definitive statements like this based on nothing that could very easily prove to be incorrect.

Oh, wait... I do. It's just straight up trolling.

Like the other guy who seemingly was too scared ... care to make it interesting? $10. We don't draft a QB in the 1st.

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Like the other guy who seemingly was too scared ... care to make it interesting? $10. We don't draft a QB in the 1st.

Why would I bet on something completely out of my control?

If you want to make it interesting and you feel so strongly about it, how about a one week ban if we draft a QB in the 1st?

Archived