• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson character issues.

Rags

It is a long time to the NFL Draft but what little  I have seen of BYU QB, Zach Wilson, i really liked . I am sure our scouts and management will closely screen and evaluate all their favorite draft choices, so I will pretty much agree with their evaluations.

19 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Yea..sunglasses...they keep the flashy bs outta my eyes...that deceive you and others. Our first pick has to contribute day one when ur a retooling team...this guy will crumple the first time he gets hit by an NFL player...he has bust written all over him...take a shot in second round....maybe..

I have seen Wilson take on line backers and safties head on and bowl them over instead of sliding. I think he is a tough kid and is nimble/quick  enough to avoid a lot of direct hits,unlike some quarterbacks.

3 hours ago, Varking said:

They said something about him having fun playing a kids game being an issue?

My assumption is the the critique. He has no off the field issues and his teammates seem to like him. Cam was the same way besides the early incident at UF. Played the game with a lot enthusiasm. Yet, he was critiqued for it. Seems to be the same with Wilson for some people.

For what it's worth, Wilson has started against P5 opponents 4 times over his 2.5 years of starting. He is 2-3 in those games with wins against Tennessee and #24 USC. He was 106/166 (64%) for 1201 yards (240 yards/gm) with 5 TDs and 4 ints

8 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I may be in the minority here but my gut feeling about Wilson isn't good, it's the same feeling I got about Jimmy Clausen and Manziel. I hope the kid has a great career but I fully expect this staff to turn over every rock to make the best pick and if they see Wilson as the guy I'll give him a chance.

It's really impossible to escape the Clausen vibe with this guy. Not even saying he sucks like Clausen. I just don't know how anyone looks at his face and doesn't instantly think of Pickles. 

3 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

It's really impossible to escape the Clausen vibe with this guy. Not even saying he sucks like Clausen. I just don't know how anyone looks at his face and doesn't instantly think of Pickles. 

he looks way better thank Pickles...Clausen was ugly. Wilson is a good looking dude.

7 hours ago, Mage said:

Kinda weird to evaluate Manziel though.  Yea, he stunk, but was it more of a talent-issue or a lack of work-ethic issue?  

Personally, I think it's a lazy comparison.  Wilson is more accurate, better size (running ability translates better to the NFL), and overall I think he's got a better arm.  I think Zach Wilson compares far closer to Russ Wilson than he does Manziel (not that I think he'll be as good as Russ)

Everyone but the Browns could see that Manziel wouldn't translate to the pros. Not the case with Wilson. 

Archived