• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Washington for the love of all that's holy please don't win gameday thread

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Bros for life! We love you Luke!

Red heart

I don't know if you could find two linebackers that were so in sync with each other.  I remember when we used to talk about the Panthers having the best linebacking Corps in the NFL.   It wasn't long ago.

I miss them both.  True leaders and great friends. 

For those saying you are rooting for us to lose, do you mean that literally? As in, you are going to be cheering and exchanging high fives when Washington gets a td or Teddy throws an interception? Call me crazy but I just can't do that. I'm hoping for a Green Bay or Kansas City type game: competitive, some good play by the Panthers but ultimately come up a bit short. I wasn't joyed when the Panthers fell short of their comeback against Green Bay. I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "Well, I guess it's for the best."

3 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

For those saying you are rooting for us to lose, do you mean that literally? As in, you are going to be cheering and exchanging high fives when Washington gets a td or Teddy throws an interception? Call me crazy but I just can't do that. I'm hoping for a Green Bay or Kansas City type game: competitive, some good play by the Panthers but ultimately come up a bit short. I wasn't joyed when the Panthers fell short of their comeback against Green Bay. I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "Well, I guess it's for the best."

Yes

5 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Honestly, what’s the difference? I see the Bengals winning and say man we could actually get pick 3 and maybe the Jets will keep Darnold. Maybe we could swing a not ridiculous trade with Jax or identify the 2nd best QB. I’m just tired of being 2-23 at the end of the last 3 seasons ever since Cam basically lost his arm. I’m OK rooting for a better pick so we can hopefully get our Cam or our Mahomes or something close so we can continue to build a perennial contender as the rest of our division is about to become QB poor.

15 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

I get the logic of wanting the draft position but keep in mind that the players on the field today will give zero fugs about Zach Wilson or whoever. 

And? We know that. Cheering for them to win does nothing either. Some of us are just admitting that we’d rather lose out and get the best pick we can. I don’t see an issue with others wanting to finish 6-10. We don’t have to agree. It’s OK.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Honestly, what’s the difference? I see the Bengals winning and say man we could actually get pick 3 and maybe the Jets will keep Darnold. Maybe we could swing a not ridiculous trade with Jax or identify the 2nd best QB. I’m just tired of being 2-23 at the end of the last 3 seasons ever since Cam basically lost his arm. I’m OK rooting for a better pick so we can hopefully get our Cam or our Mahomes or something close so we can continue to build a perennial contender as the rest of our division is about to become QB poor.

The difference? Pride for one. Wanting your team to show some fight and put up a good performance rather than look like a laughing stock. Building confidence that much of the foundation is in place. Inspiring hope that a couple new pieces will be the difference in going from bottom 5 record to contention. But if you take joy in seeing us get steamrolled, who am I to judge? I was legitimately asking out of curiosity.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

And? We know that. Our cheering for them to win dies nothing either. We are just admitting that we’d rather lose out and get the best pick we can. I don’t see an issue with someone wanting to finish 6-10. We don’t have to agree. It’s OK.

Yeah I'm saying I want a high draft pick too but these are my guys and if Samuel breaks an end around for 80 yards I'm out of my chair. 

Archived