• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early pulse check: Curtis won't take a hometown discount, what do we do?

Rags

1 minute ago, imminent rogaine said:

Get that Comp pick

better not be getting a comp pick for Curtis, as that would mean we didn't sign a player for a similar value contract from another team.

and we best be upgrading at some positions, especially after we free up some money by cutting some older players

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Robby Anderson is a one trick pony.  Samuel is a Swiss army knife.  The question shouldn't be if we pay Samuel, it should be do we pay Anderson in when he hits FA.  The simple answer is no, make that determination now and earmark his money towards Samuel this offseason.

I agree with this but I'll take it a step further. Do you want Samuel or Anderson long-term? Extend one of them this off-season. The other has to go. You can't pay them both. Anderson has a $12M cap hit next year, but only $4M in dead money. If you pay Samuel, you can trade Anderson.

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

better not be getting a comp pick for Curtis, as that would mean we didn't sign a player for a similar value contract from another team.

and we best be upgrading at some positions, especially after we free up some money by cutting some older players

You think we will? Someone will pay Samuel.  I assume our money goes to Moton and we draft to fill holes. Free agency splurges feel like something you do when you are close. We aren’t close. 

Who’s paying Samuel? Who’s making a splash for a nice third receiver who probably isn’t going to be as successful playing outside against starting corners? I can’t tell if this is another instance of us overvaluing one of our guys or if he’s actually going to have a market. If we all agree that letting him walk isn’t back-breaking and we can replace his production cheaply in the middle rounds of the draft, won’t every other team figure out the same thing?

We gave Anderson the 3rd most lucrative contract in FA last year among WRs (2-years/$20 million). Sorry, the dude isn't that good and since he got that kind of money before, he's going to be looking for that same kind of money in the future.

I think we are crazy to send Curtis packing this offseason and try to re-sign Anderson after 2021.  Makes ZERO sense to me.

Archived