• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy says he made playoffs before while only throwing 14 tds

Panthers8969

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Compare this to how Cam spoke about his play

One guy has a QB mentality. The other is happy to be in the league

Cam was as open and as honest as he has ever been on the radio this morning....I'm glad he was. 

He even said he could have been better, but also put BB and JMcD on blast for not believing in him more.  The Patriots didn't trust Cam to throw deep and they became really predictable.  That being said they weren't working with 2015 Cam, but I think he could have put up better numbers if they gave him a little more trust....as it was they finished 7-9 with no real #1 receiver.

9 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Cam was as open and as honest as he has ever been on the radio this morning....I'm glad he was. 

He even said he could have been better, but also put BB and JMcD on blast for not believing in him more.  The Patriots didn't trust Cam to throw deep and they became really predictable.  That being said they weren't working with 2015 Cam, but I think he could have put up better numbers if they gave him a little more trust....as it was they finished 7-9 with no real #1 receiver.

Or #2 or #3 receiver or a TE#1 or TE#2 lol. But yeah completely different accountability level than Teddy. Its like a pitcher having an ERA in the fives and having 18 wins on the season and thinking he was a big part of the success and not realizing he was carried and holding the team back. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Or #2 or #3 receiver or a TE#1 or TE#2 lol. But yeah completely different accountability level than Teddy. Its like a pitcher having an ERA in the fives and having 18 wins on the season and thinking he was a big part of the success and not realizing he was carried and holding the team back. 

Moore, Samuel, Anderson, and Davis put up a lot of YAC for ole Teddy Three Thumbs, that's for damn sure.

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

How hard is it to come out and say I held the team back and I have to be better if I want to remain the starting QB for the Panthers?

This guy is a grade A douche. Horrible QB and not much better of a person. 0 Accountability.

15 passing touchdowns and every time we get close to the goal line he thinks he is Cam Newton. He would go great with Moron, guys that only want to pass the ball if it is the last resort.

I don't blame Teddy at all, he is what he has always been. I blame our front office and coaching staff for bringing him here. What did they expect? There was plenty of film on the guy...they either didn't look or have no idea what they are doing.

13 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

teddy’s gotta go but no one is trading for him and i’m not sure the team is going to eat that dead cap next year. this could get really messy if we draft one of the top QBs. what a bad move from the very beginning.

Probably why Hurney got fired, the straw that broke the camel's back.

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

teddy’s gotta go but no one is trading for him and i’m not sure the team is going to eat that dead cap next year. this could get really messy if we draft one of the top QBs. what a bad move from the very beginning.

Dead cap doesn’t matter. He was paid $24M in 2020 and the cap hit was $14. He was going to have $5M dead cap in 2021 and 2022 (2/3 of signing bonus) if he’s on the team or not. Don’t worry about that, there’s no way to change it.

He’s got another $18M in 2021 new money. If we trade him then his cap hit is the $10M dead cap (could be post 6/1 split into 2022) and we save $18M in 2021 and whatever his salary is in 2022. If we release him $10M of that $18M new money gets paid as it’s guaranteed. We’d have a $10M 2021 hit plus the $10M in dead cap from the signing bonus. We’d still save $8M in 2021 and his salary in 2022.

The deal was structured really poorly on our part guaranteeing so much in 2021 so that a guy like Hurney would just say we have to keep him in 2021. Just like the Short restructuring Marty did made him decide to waste $13M more on him in 2020. Agents had no problem snowing Marty to basically get another full year guaranteed. If you were interested in Herbert WTF would you make a deal that meant paying Teddy two years? So glad he’s gone. Maybe the new guy can find a sucker to take on Teddy.

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Dead cap doesn’t matter. He was paid $24M in 2020 and the cap hit was $14. He was going to have $5M dead cap in 2021 and 2022 (2/3 of signing bonus) if he’s on the team or not. Don’t worry about that, there’s no way to change it.

He’s got another $18M in 2021 new money. If we trade him then his cap hit is the $10M dead cap (could be post 6/1 split into 2022) and we save $18M in 2021 and whatever his salary is in 2022. If we release him $10M of that $18M new money gets paid as it’s guaranteed. We’d have a $10M 2021 hit plus the $10M in dead cap from the signing bonus. We’d still save $8M in 2021 and his salary in 2022.

The deal was structured really poorly on our part guaranteeing so much in 2021 so that a guy like Hurney would just say we have to keep him in 2021. Just like the Short restructuring Marty did made him decide to waste $13M more on him in 2020. Agents had no problem snowing Marty to basically get another full year guaranteed. If you were interested in Herbert WTF would you make a deal that meant paying Teddy two years? So glad he’s gone. Maybe the new guy can find a sucker to take on Teddy.

i understand sunk cost. i’m not sure the organization will. or i guess more accurately, i have come to expect pro teams to bet on trying to recoup value vs eating the loss and, in the process, costing themselves even more (by continuing to roster the player and continuing to pay not just the guaranteed money but the non guaranteed money as well). i will be pleasantly surprised if we cut him as soon as it’s made clear to the FO that no one is trading for him and that his continued presence on this team is a net negative as he eats up a roster spot and cap space and is showing signs of pitching a fit should he lose his job to a rookie.

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i understand sunk cost. i’m not sure the organization will. or i guess more accurately, i have come to expect pro teams to bet on trying to recoup value vs eating the loss and in the process costing themselves even more (by continuing to roster the player and continuing to pay not just the guaranteed money but the non guaranteed money  as well). i will be pleasantly surprised if we cut him as soon as it’s made clear to the FO that no one is trading for him and that his continued presence on this team is a net negative as he eats up a roster spot and cap space and is showing signs of pitching a fit should he lose his job to a rookie.

Me too. I said it before but I’d eat the $10M guaranteed to save $8M instead of paying the full $18M for a mentor. I’d be on the phone with any team that had any type of interest. Offer to pay half the guarantee so you save $13M and get him gone. Hopefully with no Marty, we get smarter and don’t just keep players that don’t fit the 5 year plan because it’s only a little bit extra. We are discussing whether we can keep Samuel and Moton because of stupid moves like taking on a hurt Okung’s $13.5M or keeping Short for an extra $13M. Short was almost 10% of our cap this year.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

I don't blame Teddy at all, he is what he has always been. I blame our front office and coaching staff for bringing him here. What did they expect? There was plenty of film on the guy...they either didn't look or have no idea what they are doing.

He does not blame himself at all either, so you two have that in common

12 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Implies team around him needs to be better. This is the same guy that gets sucked off for what a great leader he is?

he went to the playoffs thanks to the #1 RB in the NFL.   Peterson lead the NFL in rushing yards and rushing TDs.    Vikings had the 3rd best D in the NFC.   They were the definition of running the football and playing defense. 

Archived