• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Draft Network Mock Draft(Panthers Trade up to 3)

kungfoodude

I really dont think we trade up. The moment we draft a QB the pressure is on the (future) GM and Coach and given the length of time on Rhules contract (and Im assuming that the new GM will have a matching contract) why start the clock for them. 

THEY would be better off either trading back or using this draft to get pieces in place for a QB draft for next year. 

Wilson scares me. He had an easy schedule, great o line, and went relatively unchallenged. Basically playing practice football for most of the year. When he only gets 2 to 3 seconds to throw the ball and gets hit a few times I think he will become rattled because he never faced real adversity. To me he screams first round bust. 

48 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Okay, well why don't you break down how much of a percentage of his input for each of our free agent signings and draft picks from the 2020 offseason?

Since you do this for a living. Let's see who he was responsible for and who he wasn't. That isn't predicting the future, that is from the past, so this should be easy for you.

You are obviously confused. I said that how a person thinks or how they act is an area many of us are trained to evaluate. Part of that is observing the past to infer how they will act in the future and factoring in differences from year to year. 

Whatever you seemed to get out of that is off the wall. The fact that Rhule reportedly wanted control over the roster and now without a GM is likely to get what he wants at least in the short term seems obvious. The fact he will have significant say, I have read, in who gets chosen for GM suggests he is likely to get more say over the roster not less.  It seems pretty obvious and doesn't take much expertise to infer that. Just a little observation and basic logic.  It is pretty easy to make educated guesses like that. 

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You say this not having any idea what is even offered because this is an exercise in what ifs. So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a team under us in the draft order decides to make them a better offer. 

Those teams are all threats to move us if for no other reason than their interest may drive up the prospective price for those picks. 

I mean yeah, I’m not apart of any inside knowledge circle. But unless these later on teams are offering substantially more than the top 10 teams then they won’t be considered. The further away you are from the pick you’re trying to trade to the harder and less likely a trade happens, imo. 

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

You are obviously confused. I said that how a person thinks or how they act is an area many of us are trained to evaluate. Part of that is observing the past to infer how they will act in the future and factoring in differences from year to year. 

Whatever you seemed to get out of that is off the wall. The fact that Rhule reportedly wanted control over the roster and now without a GM is likely to get what he wants at least in the short term seems obvious. The fact he will have significant say, I have read, in who gets chosen for GM suggests he is likely to get more say over the roster not less.  It seems pretty obvious and doesn't take much expertise to infer that. Just a little observation and basic logic.  It is pretty easy to make educated guesses like that. 

I am saying we know little to nothing about the situation, so any inference is almost mute. We can idly speculate but that is precisely what it is. 

What we have is the little tibits that we have read which may or not have have any basis in truth. That's why I tend to not speculate about what role Rhule has behind the scenes, we simply do not know yet. The longer he stays here, I think we will get more of an idea but we have little to none at this juncture. 

It will be interesting to see this offseason without the specter of Hurney looming over the front office. 

2 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

I mean yeah, I’m not apart of any inside knowledge circle. But unless these later on teams are offering substantially more than the top 10 teams then they won’t be considered. The further away you are from the pick you’re trying to trade to the harder and less likely a trade happens, imo. 

I am not prepared to say that yet. I think you could see a team like the 49ers get desperate for a QB and try to swoop in after one of those guys. I am pretty sure they regret the Jimmy G contract and it's clear their backups are just that. Especially since that is a team much more in a "win now" mode than most of the QB needy teams. 

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am saying we know little to nothing about the situation, so any inference is almost mute. We can idly speculate but that is precisely what it is. 

What we have is the little tibits that we have read which may or not have have any basis in truth. That's why I tend to not speculate about what role Rhule has behind the scenes, we simply do not know yet. The longer he stays here, I think we will get more of an idea but we have little to none at this juncture. 

It will be interesting to see this offseason without the specter of Hurney looming over the front office. 

It isn't idle speculation since the basis for the evaluation is readily available information which isn't coach speak or pure conjecture. It is based on what people supposedly on the inside know or said. This isn't an expose simply reasoned logic that Rhule by every report wants control over the roster. Who we pick at GM will tell you alot about who is going to be in charge. If it is a previous GM like Ireland you can assume he will have quite a bit of say. If it someone who is young and unproven then it suggests that Rhule at least initially is in charge. Again you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to be able to make informed inferences that are very likely true. Then you just look for affirmation or contrary information. Like everyone thought Rhule was in charge last year but apparently Hurney had a lot of the decisionmaking power which likely is part of the reason he is gone. 

9 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Honestly I think you could get away with 2021 #8 and #40 to make that trade and now worry about 2022.

If you have to give up 1 first round pick to trade up and get the guy you think is the future QB...I would take that all day long. The Rams traded up and basically gutted their roster in the process..

7 hours ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't idle speculation since the basis for the evaluation is readily available information which isn't coach speak or pure conjecture. It is based on what people supposedly on the inside know or said. This isn't an expose simply reasoned logic that Rhule by every report wants control over the roster. Who we pick at GM will tell you alot about who is going to be in charge. If it is a previous GM like Ireland you can assume he will have quite a bit of say. If it someone who is young and unproven then it suggests that Rhule at least initially is in charge. Again you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to be able to make informed inferences that are very likely true. Then you just look for affirmation or contrary information. Like everyone thought Rhule was in charge last year but apparently Hurney had a lot of the decisionmaking power which likely is part of the reason he is gone. 

I never bought into the Rhule was in charge theory last year nor do I necessarily buy into the Rhule wants control theory this offseason, either. I tend to believe the public statements about wanting a collaborative relationship between the new GM and himself. I am not sure it will be as simple as Rhule has a final say, but perhaps it will be. 

As I said, most of this is speculative reporting.

Archived