• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers general manager search update

Prowler2k18

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't necessarily doubt the truth of that, but I've gotta say LaCanfora has really fallen off. He posted that Mike Borgonzi and George Paton were going to be candidates for the Panthers job. We reportedly haven't reached out to either one.

What really gets me though is that in this link (timestamped about an hour ago) LaCanfora talks about how he believes Nick Caserio should land a job during this hiring cycle. He seems unaware that Caserio got the Texans job last night.

Considering he retweeted the references to the hire before the article was published I would think he knows.

Common sense would suggest he wrote the article before Caseerio was hired and CBS published it yesterday morning. Its not a message board, he doesn't just post it to the world live.

Dodds or Peters for me. Schoen or Adofo Mensah would make me happy too. 

Honestly, anyone that they have brought in thus far except for Reese, and I would be a happy camper. There are many talented candidates that would each bring something different to our franchise. 

TLDR; Dodds or Peters por favor.

28 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Considering he retweeted the references to the hire before the article was published I would think he knows.

Common sense would suggest he wrote the article before Caseerio was hired and CBS published it yesterday morning. Its not a message board, he doesn't just post it to the world live.

Exactly. I don't write for a spots blog, but for the site I write for, I've got two articles I wrote last night that won't be published until later on today or maybe even tomorrow.

Edit: I also don't get any say in my headline. Once I turn it over to the editor, they can change it to whatever they want.

55 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Common sense would be to update it, especially if you're tweeting, but then you're pretty much never right on here I suppose you're used to just posting something incorrect.

29 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Exactly. I don't write for a spots blog, but for the site I write for, I've got two articles I wrote last night that won't be published until later on today or maybe even tomorrow.

Edit: I also don't get any say in my headline. Once I turn it over to the editor, they can change it to whatever they want.

Sports sites update articles on a regular basis, especially a big operation like CBS.

More to the point though, LaCanfora has two or three times now posted about Panthers interest in GM candidates that doesn't seem to exist.

Kelly and Brandt Tilis of the Chiefs are the only names I haven't seen acknowledged as having interviewed yet. I'd have thought they could have spoken to Tillis yesterday since they reportedly spoke to Poles.

There was word a long time ago that we might be interested in Scott Fitterer of the Seahawks but it never materialized (at least that I've seen).

Archived