• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bringing in Haskins

ncfan

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What in the world is wrong with you guys that are hating this so much.  It's not like we are dumping millions of dollars into this guy.  

We give him a shot and we'll see if he learned his lesson. 

We've paid millions of dollars for free agents and nothing in return.  

If we sign him we pay peanuts and gives him a chance to redeem himself.

You all would be so onboard if we gave a drug addict a second change but we can't give a guy under 25 a chance to redeem himself.

Look I have no idea if he'll pan out but it can't freaking hurt to give him a chance.

Because did u just see what he did with Redskins his whole time there. He is not worth a spot on anyone’s team, hell he wouldn’t even make it in the XFL if they still had it.

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:
If Ron Rivera kicks you off the team in midseason, you’ve got serious issues. This still strikes me as a really bad idea.

Mid season?  More like before the final game of the season.  And we all know Rivera was looking for a scapegoat since the team that fired him just kicked his ass with less talent

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Don't sign Haskins and tell me about culture. 

He's a cancer.

The culture is about winning. Giving a young QB with loads of talent a second chance for super cheap shows they are willing to try new things to better the team. If he comes in cheap for the league min he won’t have too much of an influence on our locker room. It will be more about him trying to prove himself. If he can’t, he gets released for nothing.

This sends a bullshit message to the rest of our guys. They all saw first hand how bad he sucks and doesn’t care. News out of Washington is obviously clear. First round pick doesn’t even make it through his second season. Yet we think it’s a smart move to bring him to take our guys who actually work’s spot. He doesn’t belong here and it’s stupid to entertain him.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Because did u just see what he did with Redskins his whole time there. He is not worth a spot on anyone’s team, hell he wouldn’t even make it in the XFL if they still had it.

So a 23 year old kids f'ds up his first job and therefore he is banished to hell for it.

Good god I guess none of you NEVER got terminated from your first job because you were immature.

You make it sound as if I am suggesting that we sign him as our starting QB and forego drafting a QB in this years draft.  

We're giving a kid a chance to redeem himself for virtually nothing.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The culture is about winning. Giving a young QB with loads of talent a second chance for super cheap shows they are willing to try new things to better the team. If he comes in cheap for the league min he won’t have too much of an influence on our locker room. It will be more about him trying to prove himself. If he can’t, he gets released for nothing.

Haskins didn't care about winning in Washington. He openly bragged about stats and partied after losses.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Why is everyone complaining about potentially signing a former 1st round pick for peanuts?

They're not saying "this is our QB of the future". They're saying "let's take a look at him for basically free".

Johnny Manziel is also a former first round pick. Would you be excited to hear we brought him in for a look?

Not a fan of this but c'est la vie.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Haskins didn't care about winning in Washington. He openly bragged about stats and partied after losses.

Not saying he did. Our culture is wanting to be about winning. CMC, Chinn, Moore, Brown and other players (even Teddy) want to win. The hope is taking him away from DC (close to where he grew up) and placing him in our locker room will help encourage him to act differently. I mean it may have a 1% chance of working, but little cost if it doesn’t.

1 minute ago, Ship said:

This sends a bullshit message to the rest of our guys. They all saw first hand how bad he sucks and doesn’t care. News out of Washington is obviously clear. First round pick doesn’t even make it through his second season. Yet we think it’s a smart move to bring him to take our guys who actually work’s spot. He doesn’t belong here and it’s stupid to entertain him.

Do you think that bringing him in guarantees him a spot on this team?  Where did anyone on this forum state that he was going to replace anyone. 

Giving a kid a chance to prove himself doesn't mean he's taking anyone's spot.  

So what if he comes in and out performs PJ and Grier.  Are you going to be upset that he took their spot because he sucked in Washington.

The guy is a talent.  Whether Rhule and Co. can give make something out of nothing is all up in the air.  I'm just willing to give him a chance.  Apparently so is our staff.  At least an interview. 

Haskins has hardly even grown up yet. I know you early twenty-somethings think that you're really grown (got your license, can go to war---go the liquor store, blah blah blah), but most of you haven't matured and don't know poo, but think you know everything. It takes a few "aha" moments to man yo ass up. Well, Haskins just had one of those moments! Now, maybe he can be developed into a professional QB!

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Do you think that bringing him in guarantees him a spot on this team?  Where did anyone on this forum state that he was going to replace anyone. 

Giving a kid a chance to prove himself doesn't mean he's taking anyone's spot.  

So what if he comes in and out performs PJ and Grier.  Are you going to be upset that he took their spot because he sucked in Washington.

The guy is a talent.  Whether Rhule and Co. can give make something out of nothing is all up in the air.  I'm just willing to give him a chance.  Apparently so is our staff.  At least an interview. 

Where in the hell do you see talent? He should have never been a first round pick and that was because of dumbass Snyder. I’m starting to wonder if a lot of you even know anything about football 

Archived