• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bringing in Haskins

ncfan

The lack of GM and timing of this also makes it seem like Rhule is running things or will continue to.  I sincerely doubt Haskins is signed before we add our GM, so maybe wait and let them help decide roster moves? 

Not to mention, we're also in danger of losing our OC, have lost our QB coach...and we're making potential QB moves without future input there? Shoutout to Rhule if he can make Haskins happen, but again seems like statements not lining up actions and visions when he wants a GM to collaborate with, handle roster moves, etc. and then takes matters into his own hands. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

NFL players will be much happier to give this guy another chance than fans are. I can't see anyone being upset over it.

To be fair "NFL players" expressed support for George Seifert and stood behind Jake Delhomme even after his terrible playoff performance.

You would think we were trading our first round draft pick for Haskins... For that matter we were trading our 7th round pick for Haskins.  WTF. It's a simply signing to bring him in and work out with the Panthers.  

He'll be one of 90 going into the 2021 season.  If he lasts than maybe he's learned his lesson.  If he bombs than he's cut and we're no worse off.

Can't hurt to bring him in, deep dive with some of the coaching and behavioral staff members to see if a 23-year old 15th overall QB is worth possibly bringing into compete next year. 

We haven't signed him outright.

We haven't named him the starter.

Young players are immature and make mistakes. 

Banging on Rhule's culture comment and how this isn't part of it isn't totally fair. Much like a lot of things in life, it's not 0's & 1's. Lots of gray area where reality lies between.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You would think we were trading our first round draft pick for Haskins... For that matter we were trading our 7th round pick for Haskins.  WTF. It's a simply signing to bring him in and work out with the Panthers.  

He'll be one of 90 going into the 2021 season.  If he lasts than maybe he's learned his lesson.  If he bombs than he's cut and we're no worse off.

They haven't signed him. 

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

They haven't signed him. 

The point is if we do.  He's one of 90.  He's not a lock for the roster.  It's giving a kid a chance to redeem himself. 

How could anyone not want to give a guy another chance?

The bullshit that he'll be a cancer in the locker room is just that.  BS.   He'll be humble and try to impress.  

I believe Rhule is a good at taking players no one else wants and molding them into decent players as well as helping them build more character.

I feel sure Haskins will be screened by Rhule and the coaches, then they will decide if the risk reward is worth signing him. Since i have little choice,i will  accept their final decision.                                                                

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair "NFL players" expressed support for George Seifert and stood behind Jake Delhomme even after his terrible playoff performance.

They stood behind Jake because he had heart passion and desire.

They knew that no matter if his body failed him or he was having a bad day that he would never quit and they were going to get his best effort every day.

Heart and passion matter. 

The only way Haskins becomes a team leader is by cleaning up his act and proving himself worthy.  If he accomplishes that, I've got no problem with him as a Panther.  

Otherwise, Haskins is nothing more than a third string QB destined to be cut and a cautionary tale for the rest of the players about lacking dedication to the game.

Archived