• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney interviews?

Zod

1 minute ago, TSLA said:

That sucks. We all know they won’t hire Mayhew.

If it happens, it would actually be the second time Mayhew was used as a Rooney Rule interview before Marty Hurney got the job.

Mayhew was one of the three minority candidates interviewed in 2018 before Hurney had the "interim" tag removed by the Panthers.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If it happens, it would actually be the second time Mayhew was used as a Rooney Rule interview before Marty Hurney got the job.

Mayhew was one of the three minority candidates interviewed in 2018 before Hurney had the "interim" tag removed by the Panthers.

I know I may be in the minority but does anyone else view the Rooney rule as ridiculous? I understand the premise behind it, but some decisions have already been made and I would think as a minority candidate it would be far more insulting to be interviewed because it's a requirement because of the color of your skin instead of being because of talent. If I'm the owner of a billion dollar team I'm trying to get the best candidate regardless of color. 

Archived