• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't think he's playing bad, he's just not playing great. I don't think he's hurt himself tonight, I'll just put it that way.  

Having to be the leading rusher on top of passing hasn’t helped while he’s banged up either. Plus they can’t block anyone up the middle tonight. 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not a lot, but he definitely had some. I mean, he had 17 INTs his final season.  

Also had 50 total TDs and Championship to go along with those INTs....and was the best player in the country (Heisman or not). 

he wasn’t as polished as Lawrence.  Still think he was better though.  

But more on topic, I wouldn’t compare Fields to him.    I don’t think they see the field the same and play alike. 

I wanted to watch Fields in this game after he had a great game against Clemson....probably the best of his college career.  I knew Alabama and Saban would draw up the best game plan to give him the biggest challenge he probably has faced and they did.

Fields look OK - made some really good throws, made some poor throws.  I am still not sold on him really understanding what defenses are doing, what they are giving to you and what they are definitely trying to take away.  The loss of Sermon didn't help evaluate him fully. 

He's still one of the top 3-4 QBs I, but I think it is going to come down to the preferences and beliefs of the NFL team that take him in the draft.  There's no way he goes above Lawrence and it's, IMO, a toss up between him and Wilson.

3 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Somebody explain me this: What is the deal with teams like Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State? Do they just get all the 5 star recruits at every single position and back ups made up of 5 star recruits as well? Is that why the dominate year after year after year? I'm guessing that is all it is but just curious. I'm sure they have 5 star recruits that turn out to be busts as well but do they just not care and replace them with another 5 star recruit?

Yes and $

Archived