• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mac Jones

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most people don't differentiate between "mobile" and "run threat" but I think it's more accurate to do so.

The vast majority of QBs in the league today could be considered mobile in the sense that they can move around in the pocket and occasionally take off running if necessary.

Bridgewater would be one of those guys.

However, nobody's adjusting their game plan around the threat of Teddy's running. That's the kind of thing you do for a Lamar Jackson type.

Hell, if just being able to take off from the pocket occasionally (or anytime for that matter) is mobile, then every QB is mobile. 

Basically, that's a low bar---a very low bar!

9 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yes it does, 3 tenths is a huge in the nfl.

For a wide receiver yes. For a DB of course. A lineman no. A quarterback- not important in an offense where you are more about evading pressure and getting the ball out rather than running it yourself.

Rodgers has 149 yards in 2020 on 38 carries. That 3 tens of a second makes lots of difference.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

For a wide receiver yes. For a DB of course. A lineman no. A quarterback- not important in an offense where you are more about evading pressure and getting the ball out rather than running it yourself.

Rodgers has 149 yards in 2020 on 38 carries. That 3 tens of a second makes lots of difference.

When Rodgers is throwing on the move running from linemen those .3 make a giant difference. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Name the last Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, since Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Mahomes and Wilson and  Rogers have been the only highly successful mobile QBs on the  championship and sustained winning level looking back 20 or so years Not arguing against the usefulness just pointing out reality.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Name the last Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, since Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Eli

Matt Ryan

Brees

Tannehill

Cousins

Alex Smith

Just a few.  They were all playoff qbs

I dont think it matters in todays NFL if you can run or not as long as the offense fits your skill set.  After going through cam and wincing at every time he would run out of the pocket a nice big accurate pocket passer with a great oline sounds kindof nice. 

Still think we hold tight at 8 and snag lance

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Eli

Matt Ryan

Brees

Tannehill

Cousins

Alex Smith

I dont think it matters in todays NFL if you can run or not as long as the offense fits your skill set.  After going through cam and wincing at every time he would run out of the pocket a nice big accurate pocket passer with a great oline sounds kindof nice. 

Sorry, did you misread - 'non-mobile' QB as 'white'?

Alex Smith was VERY athletic (https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/alex-smith-2005). Tannehill played WR in college for a while. Brees / Ryan / Cousins can all move (two of them have rushing TDs against us this year!). 

The mobile term doesn't work. Almost every QB in the NFL is able to scramble for 10 yards if the right circumstances arise.

The difference is guys like Allen, Jackson, Mariota who you have to account for as runners on every play. They used to be known as scrambling QBs, but I'm not sure if that term is still in vogue. 

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Sorry, did you misread - 'non-mobile' QB as 'white'?

Alex Smith was VERY athletic (https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/alex-smith-2005). Tannehill played WR in college for a while. Brees / Ryan / Cousins can all move (two of them have rushing TDs against us this year!). 

The mobile term doesn't work. Almost every QB in the NFL is able to scramble for 10 yards if the right circumstances arise.

The difference is guys like Allen, Jackson, Mariota who you have to account for as runners on every play. They used to be known as scrambling QBs, but I'm not sure if that term is still in vogue. 

I have absolutely what point you are trying to make

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Eli

Matt Ryan

Brees

Tannehill

Cousins

Alex Smith

This dude put Ryan tannerhill In that category and dude just ran a 50+ yard td run against the packers a couple weeks ago......you really don’t watch football and it shows 

Archived