• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic Mock

raleigh-panther

24 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I like the thought of Jones in the second as well, but it's a huge gamble that he'd be there at 40. I'd be happy to trade back into the bottom of the 1st to grab him. Let's say WFT wants Lance so that Rivera can run him into the ground and cut his career in half. I've seen it happen, AND they will have a new GM looking to make his mark on the team. To jump 11 spots from 19 to 8, we could get their first, second and a 3rd (either this year or next). Jones at 19 doesn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth, grab a really good CB and OT in the second and 2 interior linemen in the 3rd. OHHHH WEEE, that's the makings of a damned fine team right there!

Oh, I love the thought of fleecing WTF for picks, and at 19 I wouldn't mind Trask or Jones.  Full disclosure, the more I watch Trask, the more I think he is the better prospect.  He's had to deal with adversity FAR more than Jones.  Also has a seriously NFL arm where I'm not fully convinced on Jones.  Watch Trask in the Bama game.  He played well given the situation.  His team didn't succeed in the end, but in terms of the season as a whole, no other team hung in with Bama like Florida did.

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Cam newton and Trey Lance have as much in common as Trey Lance and Will Grier. It isn't a good comparison. 

Lance probably has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft outside of Trevor. He’s who I want. Who else would you take with the pick? 

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Cam newton and Trey Lance have as much in common as Trey Lance and Will Grier. It isn't a good comparison. 

Curious to why you say that?  

Relative to when they both came out of college?

Neither was asked to throw a lot at the college level.  

I don't think is fair to compare anyone to Cam, athletically he is a category by himself but there are definitely some similarities.

Both have absolute cannons for arms.  Both have the ability to run, and run with power, although I think Cam was better in the category.  Both have some accuracy concerns.

All three of those are valid similarities, that doesn't mean the two players are identical but i can see why some people make it.

I think you have to look at Josh Allen although, raw guy with tremendous tools.  

Who do you want for QB?  You good with Teddy?  Here again its easy to say who you don't want or to take the field, name a realistic option.

5 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

What? Wilson has been a 3 year starter in basically P5 conference with like 800 pass attempts. Lance has 1 year in FCS and probably less than 200

He had never thrown more than 12 TDs in those two seasons and actually took a step back last year. Those other two years hurts your argument not help it because he was pretty ass before this Covid season. 

He looks like he has all the tools to be a good QB in the NFL, even if he needs polishing it seems he's able to adapt.  I think the biggest thing with him is how Rhule will see him and how he thinks he'd fit into the system not only as the QB but as an overall valuable teammate and as Rhule said 'someone who wants to be here'.  (granted he's getting drafted to the NFL, anyone would be happy to be drafted) but I'm sure there will be underlying questions that he'll have to answer that may sway if we pick him up or not when the time comes to pick #8.

It’s the most important position in the field. We don’t have one 

Lance checks a lot if boxes physically. 

if he is also capable with the mental part as his coach implies, the risk has to be taken.  

Courage and confidence also important 

Who is to say he will even be there at 8?  A lot of teams with QB questions or aging QBS in front of us 

if I’m Tepper, ‘I expect to not be in the top 10 drafting again.  I’m here now. Take the chance’. 

Archived