• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

4 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

People get paid to write three paragraphs of opinion that 1) is pure speculation and 2) doesn't provide any detailed supporting evidence for the assertion? I'm in the wrong line of work.

He may be right or he may be wrong, but how about a breakdown of our available assets and analysis of why they wouldn't be enough?  We have plenty in the coffer should we decide to use them.  Just because Miami or some other team has more doesn't mean they are willing to use them all.  

You could be right there, yet a team like the Panthers that doesn't have nearly the resources are going to actually pull off the deal?

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Rodgers won his super bowl outside of his Rookie contract and the Packers drafted a 1st round bust in Harrell in 2007 didn't have a 1st round pick in 2008 and Rodgers signed his mega deal in 2010. Then drafted another bust in 2011.

So what I am seeing is.... The Packers spent a shitload of money on QB, and won a super bowl with a bust and no first round pick. The proceeded to bust on the next year's pick.

So?  That's their problem.  Are you suggesting that because they missed on the last few QBs that we don't try to draft one because we are sure to miss as well?

Just now, 45catfan said:

This alone says you are more invested in his stardom than the Panthers.

Well, we’re likely giving up a first next year anyway to go get a college qb that May or may not work out. So if you’re asking me would I be in favor of throwing in an extra first to get a proven commodity, then that answer is a resounding yes. 

seems like common sense to me. Unfortunately, those three picks wouldn’t be enough. 

I don't care if this ends up looking like the Herschel Walker or James Harden trades.  Just get it done.  I don't care which players or picks go in, CMC/Burns/Chinn whoever, get it done. A 25 year old all-pro HOF track QB goes on the trade market once a decade at most, and more likely once a generation.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

So?  That's their problem.  Are you suggesting that because they missed on the last few QBs that we don't try to draft one because we are sure to miss as well?

Im suggesting that a franchise can win a super bowl without 2 first rounds picks and an all star expensive QB. it's how you assemble the roster around them.

Just now, Beerfacedlegend said:

Why would Watson want to come here he wants to leave the Texans because he wants to win , watsons not coming here so stop with all the hype

We are on his list for the no trade clause. Ask Watson. Maybe he misses the area? or maybe he hears Rhule is a legit coach? or he sees all of the weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Or he sees a division with 3 aging qbs and that the division is going to be wide open. 

• Pie 1