• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

37 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

That is good news.  Thank you for the update.

I'll be curious to see how much our new GM values comp picks.  Traditionally we haven't much.

I suspect Hurney didn't know what they were. 

• Flames 1
42 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

That is good news.  Thank you for the update.

I'll be curious to see how much our new GM values comp picks.  Traditionally we haven't much.

We did under DG

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I suspect Hurney didn't know what they were. 

Evidently no one in the FO knew last year. But if you’re going to pay a backup QB 42M for two years, i guess tossing that 3rd rd. comp pick out of the window didn’t much matter. 

• Beer 2
9 minutes ago, t96 said:

We did under DG

Is that before or after Dave Gettleman traded away so many picks that the Panthers had the fewest drafted players in the league under his tenure?

Revisionist history is getting stronger.

Dave didn't value comp picks, he signed so many no name warm bodies every off-season to replace the players he cut that he barely added any.

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we would also receive a 5th round pick for Vernon Butler? 

Yes, we are currently in line for an extra 5th.  However, we lost our 7th...which is to say we lost a good street FA.

• Pie 1
4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we would also receive a 5th round pick for Vernon Butler? 

Should. We were in line to get a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th according to the cancellation chart (supposedly 4 is the max), but we'll only get the 5th and 6th. Better than nothing, but we would have had a haul if we didn't sign Teddy*, Weatherly and either Burris or Roberts.

* Don't forget that not only did we lose our 3rd for Bradberry, but the Saints get a 3rd for Teddy.

• Beer 1