• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short - did you know?

Zod

4 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

The bad thing is that:

Teddy is #1 with 12.84% of our total cap

KK is #2 with 11.63%

Shaq is #3 with 7.91#

All players who are not impacting the game for us.

Shaq is a solid contributor. Overpaid, but he really is not bad at all for us on the field.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Shaq is a solid contributor. Overpaid, but he really is not bad at all for us on the field.

I totally agree. Dude is solid and gets too much hate, however I would strongly argue that he is not an impact pro bowl type player. That is who should be #3 on your highest cap hit for your team. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You know, I think I may have mentioned that we should release him pre-2020, but what do I know.

We save $14.5M. That’s his salary, roster and workout bonus this year. We could have also saved another $13M if we cut him last off-season. Don’t confuse the dead cap stuff, that $11M is hitting our cap this year or this year and next year and cannot be changed. The $14.5M in NEW money is the overall money we save by not wasting it, again.

Yep.....I defended him all offseason and boy was I wrong. He is definitely done.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

He didn't pay himself that money. I don't blame any of the players on the team for taking the money they did.

Blame the franchise or Hurney or whoever for bungling so many deals. I'll never blame a player for getting the most they can get for themselves. 

• Pie 9

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I totally agree. Dude is solid and gets too much hate, however I would strongly argue that he is not an impact pro bowl type player. That is who should be #3 on your highest cap hit for your team. 

Yes but I also think it goes to show that we just don't have many highly paid players on the team since we got rid of a bunch of players last offseason and are just starting a rebuild and haven't had to pay young stars yet. Burns, Moore, maybe Donte, sooner or later Brown/Chinn, etc. will all jump to the top in the next several years.

• Pie 1