• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Speaks - Throws shade on Teddy?

Zod

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The final weeks down the stretch of the season Tepper and Rhule both kinda lost their patience with playing their cards close to the vest by trying to keep talking Teddy up. Both made comments strongly suggesting Teddy wasn't the guy.

I'm starting to wonder if Teddy has a bit of a RG3 thing going. Likable, but doesn't take coaching very well. 

The quotes from Rhule about TB toward the end of the season made it seem like they were frustrated as hell with him, and not just his performance.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 1

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The final weeks down the stretch of the season Tepper and Rhule both kinda lost their patience with playing their cards close to the vest by trying to keep talking Teddy up. Both made comments strongly suggesting Teddy wasn't the guy.

They have to bare some of that responsibility.  It was either your idea or you allowed it.

Last year should have been a rebuild year, period.  Anyone who thought Teddy was a good use of resources was wrong, and anyone who allowed it was also wrong.  At the very least it was a 3rd rounder and a $40m dollar mistake.  When its all said it done you could probably make an argument it was even more.

Paying a guy and expecting him to be anything more than what he has consistently shown in the recent past is just gambling and wishful thinking.  Its how you end up with Matt Kalil contracts, and now Teddy.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

They have to bare some of that responsibility.  It was either your idea or you allowed it.

Last year should have been a rebuild year, period.  Anyone who thought Teddy was a good use of resources was wrong, and anyone who allowed it was also wrong.  At the very least it was a 3rd rounder and a $40m dollar mistake.  When its all said it done you could probably make an argument it was even more.

Paying a guy and expecting him to be anything more than what he has consistently shown in the recent past is just gambling and wishful thinking.  Its how you end up with Matt Kalil contracts, and now Teddy.

Yeah, they do. But at least they're not so hard headed that they can't realize their mistakes. Mistakes are gonna happen. Well ran organizations realize them and adjust course. Dumb ones double down and try to slap together bandaids.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, they do. But at least they're not so hard headed that they can't realize their mistakes. Mistakes are gonna happen. Well ran organizations realize them and adjust course. Dumb ones double down and try to slap together bandaids.

Totally agree, trying to force something to work would be the worst thing we could do.  

Shade? Maybe. I get the gist of the post, though. Tepper is ready to move on, as its pretty much came out whenever he speaks on the QB position. 

Teddy is a vet. He’s not going to be on as long as a leash as a rookie or one/2 year player would. He had his opportunity, and he didn’t perform or persuade the front office and coaches that he was the guy. I’m glad the brass has noticed, and they’re looking to move on quickly. Again, Teddy had an opportunity. He just didn’t capitalize. I’m excited about the prospect of someone new getting a shot.

13 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I took it as it’s possible. John Ellis has said the same thing on his twitter, something along the lines of it’s something to monitor. 

Gantt talked to Fitterer about the quarterback spot. Fitterer said he hasn't even had a chance to evaluate the existing roster yet.

We're talking about advanced strategies while the team isn't even out of the starting gate yet.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gantt talked to Fitterer about the quarterback spot. Fitterer said he hasn't even had a chance to evaluate the existing roster yet.

We're talking about advanced strategies while the team isn't even out of the starting gate yet.

Feels like the owner and HC are leaning towards the current QB not being the answer.

Deciding you are going to do something is the getting out of the gate, the next part is deciding how you are going to try and run and the race, and that is somewhat fluid.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd be willing to bet Fitty's been thinking about our QB situation damn near non-stop since he was granted an interview. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Feels like the owner and HC are leaning towards the current QB not being the answer.

Deciding you are going to do something is the getting out of the gate, the next part is deciding how you are going to try and run and the race, and that is somewhat fluid.

It's crazy to see this whole situation unfold. This is not the Richardson Panthers, that is for sure.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Edit:The bottom pic is supposed to be the first one. 

This is from Voth, so yes, I’d say getting a qb is going to happen. Doesn’t necessarily mean Watson, but one will be on the roster.

86BDE7D4-0F35-49B3-A710-984858BD33BF.jpeg

83FA4BEA-8BD5-42AC-9ABF-397F06F26CD8.jpeg

Hmmmm....interesting. I wonder if Voth knows something we don’t know?

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That’s crap though. I’m sure he was asked very pointed questions about what his vision of the QB position is during his interviews. He wasn’t hired without him and Rhule and Tepper being on the same page regarding the most important position on the team. There has got to be a plan, or at least a unified vision of what to do moving forward.

25 minutes ago, joemac said:

Hmmmm....interesting. I wonder if Voth knows something we don’t know?

I don’t know if you’re familiar with John Ellis on Twitter but he’s said something similar. He was posting highlights of Watson’s career and someone asked if he knew something. He the mentioned he had a source that said this situation is something worth monitoring. He’s not going to lie, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen either. I don’t think this is just some fan made speculation.