• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your thoughts on trading for him? He is only 23 and has had some bad head coaches around him and still put up some decent numbers. He probably could be had without giving up the #8 pick. I'm curious how he would be ranked among the crop of QBs in the draft. 

solid player on a bad team, but not sure he has the leadership "IT" factor the team is looking for.  however, that could be due to playing on a poor team right out of college.  since he's young, an interview would be worth it to find out if he has the intangibles.

Very very rarely does a quarterback who plays bad for their first 3 seasons and goes to a new team and become great. At least Drew Brees was competent in San Diego. Usually it's because that player had a lack of opportunities, but Darnold just didn't get it done with tons of them

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
18 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Very very rarely does a quarterback who plays bad for their first 3 seasons and goes to a new team and become great. At least Drew Brees was competent in San Diego. Usually it's because that player had a lack of opportunities, but Darnold just didn't get it done with tons of them

What were Darnold’s opportunities? Did he have any weapons? Did he have good coaching? Did he have a good OL? You saw what Anderson said about the Jets, really think Darnold should have been flourishing in that environment?

Not saying he’s been good but what exactly has he had that would help him excel when it sure seemed like they were going for the top pick after not resigning Anderson and trading Adams?

1 minute ago, theinstrumental said:

Gase kept Tannehill from being great, I'd love to see if he was holding Darnold back, too. 

I’d much rather tryout Darnold than Haskins, who seems like a head case that you wouldn’t even want running your team. I think I’d still rather have a rookie that we really like but I’d kick the tires on Darnold considering the coaching and weapons were terrible.

• Beer 1
11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Its easy to make excuses for him since he plays for Jets, and to blame the coaching and players around him, but stats like this make me nervous.

It's why I don't really buy the Jets sticking with him. If the right QB is there, I think they draft him. But maybe sticking with Darnold is an option if the right QB isn't there.

Or... then again, maybe Gase really is just THAT atrocious. If Darnold bounces back to prove to be a quality starting QB, Gase should probably never work in football again.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he's had much of a chance and we've already seen another QB who disappointed under Gase thrive once out from under Gase. The Jets are rumored to be leaning toward keeping him anyway.

Not if they get Watson.

Edited by Mr. Scot