• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

Pazhoosier89

Very very rarely does a quarterback who plays bad for their first 3 seasons and goes to a new team and become great. At least Drew Brees was competent in San Diego. Usually it's because that player had a lack of opportunities, but Darnold just didn't get it done with tons of them

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Its easy to make excuses for him since he plays for Jets, and to blame the coaching and players around him, but stats like this make me nervous.

It's why I don't really buy the Jets sticking with him. If the right QB is there, I think they draft him. But maybe sticking with Darnold is an option if the right QB isn't there.

Or... then again, maybe Gase really is just THAT atrocious. If Darnold bounces back to prove to be a quality starting QB, Gase should probably never work in football again.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he's had much of a chance and we've already seen another QB who disappointed under Gase thrive once out from under Gase. The Jets are rumored to be leaning toward keeping him anyway.

Not if they get Watson.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's why I don't really buy the Jets sticking with him. If the right QB is there, I think they draft him. But maybe sticking with Darnold is an option if the right QB isn't there.

Or... then again, maybe Gase really is just THAT atrocious. If Darnold bounces back to prove to be a quality starting QB, Gase should probably never work in football again.

Stafford being on that list doesn't make me too happy either if we are really considering him.  If a QB doesn't play well under the best situation (clean pocket) he has to bare some of the responsibility of not playing well and isn't all the coaches' fault.

Expecting a QB to be something(better) that he hasn't been in the past is how in ended up with Teddy. 

We need to quit trying to find the bargains.  Either go after Watson or draft one in the first round (trade up if needed).

• Pie 1