• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt weighs in on Carolina QB options

Zod

4 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

say we do pick up Stafford...he gets us to 9...10..11 wins...we still will need a qb for sustained winning consistency. How we go about that drafting late? Guess we rely on Fetererererer to find a gem?

Like Fittereer said in his press conference, draft a QB each draft, when you hit on one you keep him around. 

Edited by TheProcess

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Appears that Teddy's contract is a huge a millstone around the Panthers neck, at least until the end of next season.

This is me guessing, But it could have been another reason for Herniay getting axed. I bet Teddy/agenta were looking for a 1 year deal and Herniays big brain idea was 3 years. If he would have played just a little better, that would have been a good deal. Them the breaks.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

This is me guessing, But it could have been another reason for Herniay getting axed. I bet Teddy/agenta were looking for a 1 year deal and Herniays big brain idea was 3 years. If he would have played just a little better, that would have been a good deal. Them the breaks.

Sounds about par for the course when it comes to Hurney.

And yes, that would be a fireable offense IMHO.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Yes he's 32 but he's been a Franchise QB. You know what you have with Stafford. He's definitely worth a first. I'd say give them next years first and keep this years and draft a T or playmaker in the D and build around that. 

How can you be a franchise qb but never won a play off game make it make sense .