• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler: The sense around the league is the Panthers will be competitive in trade talks surrounding Matt Stafford

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not even opposed to Pitts. Watching how Kelce absolutely decimated teams even when they plan for him shows how important that position really is. We have really suffered at the TE position since Greg broke his foot the first time. 

Only if we trade back, but not at #8.  Dude, you have no idea how long I've been barking up the TE tree.  This year though, our priorities are elsewhere.  If our guy isn't there at #8 and we move back several spots...I'm game.

Edited by 45catfan

This is all speculation. Jimmy G was traded for a 2nd, so to me that is a starting point to guess. A 1st straight of depending on where in the draft is there also but for the 8th overall pick the Lions would have to take Teddy off our hands also. Don’t see this happening honestly. Logistics wise we don’t look suited to be the best trade partner for any QB unless Teddy is involved too. If not thats a major sunken cost for the organization.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Only if we trade back, but not at #8.  Dude, you have no idea how long I've been barking up the TE tree.  This year though, our priorities are elsewhere.  If our guy isn't there at #8 and we move back several spots...I'm game.

Of course I would rather trade back if we can pick up extra picks. The question is how far do we want to move. 15 is about as far as I want to drop down. Now if I could pull of some first-pick trades and end up with 7 2nds and still have a pick in the first, well then, I might be willing to drop into the late 20s. 

1 minute ago, TriggaPlease89 said:

This is all speculation. Jimmy G was traded for a 2nd, so to me that is a starting point to guess. A 1st straight of depending on where in the draft is there also but for the 8th overall pick the Lions would have to take Teddy off our hands also. Don’t see this happening honestly. Logistics wise we don’t look suited to be the best trade partner for any QB unless Teddy is involved too. If not thats a major sunken cost for the organization.

Jimmy was a backup then.  Everyone being discussed now are starters.   Your reference point is way off.

If we get Stafford Bridgewater will have to be apart of the trade because Stafford is going to want to go somewhere he can start day one. 
I am still not convinced Stafford will want to go to a team that, at best, may be a fringe playoff team next year, and I am being generous. 
Colts are a better destination and I am more confident that he would prefer to go to them. 
He is essentially coming to another Lions team with us. Rebuilding and not ready to compete yet. 
If Stafford is going to be able to control the team he wants to go to the Panthers are the last place he’d want to go. 

Just now, 45catfan said:

Jimmy was a backup then.  Everyone being discussed now are starters.   Your reference point is way off.

I was going to use Nick Foles but he fetched a 4th and he was a SB winning QB. So enlighten me, without bias speculation, what a good starting point should be. Last time I checked starting QBs are not traded often. 

Stafford ain't coming to Carolina unless the front office can somehow convince him we are further along in this rebuild that everyone else can plainly see.  Stafford has said he's not interested in being part of a rebuild.  We are just in year two, so yes, we are STILL rebuilding.

• Pie 1